Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11777" target="_blank">Like these?</a><br><br>
Multiple levels of questions here, from a personal standpoint, what do you do?<br><br>
What are our personal obligations / restrictions?<br><br>
What are our legal obligations / restrictions?<br><br>
What are our moral obligations / restrictions?<br><br>
I called a halt to the search for EQ because it held the potential to cross boundaries, but this situation is different.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I think we have to be carefull, I mean how long has she actually been "missing"? Since 7pm your time and what time is it now for you?<br><br>
It's an odd thing to post for sure, I don't pretend to understand many people's reasons for opening up so much here.<br><br>
OT1H She posted therefore it implies that she's worried/scared/wants help<br><br>
OTOH She could have just gone for a run, without knowing more I don't think we can panic. Visiting her house seems a little extreme, everyone in KR bombarding her with private messages, emails, IMs and emails may not be the best idea either!

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
She's posted numerous threads like this in the past, in the CH, but most were deleted. There were A LOT of questionable threads that people asked about the validity of some of her claims. I cannot even think of the number of times she posted that she was being abused by Nate or raped or going to kill herself. Seems like a pattern with her. What to do? i am not sure.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not sure we can do anything. People can and do choose to respond to her. From a 'philosophical' or 'policy' procedure (sorry for the callousness of that statement) - the only thing I would suggest is that as a moderator you don't let it get to a 'she's full of shit' or an 'attention whore' type comment. I think people should assume her comments are 'real' and treat them accordingly. And to the extent the members have responded, I think it's appropriate. I'd rather we respond to 'wolf cries' everytime and not be 'dulled' by them.<br><br>
Depression is real and something few can understand unless they've experienced it themselves.<br><br>
watch the thread griz - and do what you feel is best.

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
I think the situation was handled appropriately today by everyone. I am just saying this is a pattern that she has gone thru over and over and over again through the past several years. I do not think one person called her an AW or doubted her statements in their replies. I am just saying what i think, but i would NEVER post that on the open forum but keeping it between the mods behind closed doors.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I'll second what Meri just said. This is the one subject on which Meri and I may disagree a bit, but I've also been party to some stuff, public and private, that would suggest a drama pattern.<br><br>
But I think what everyone did today was about as perfect as possible. Grizz, you were gold. Sublety, gentleness, and a quiet footprint would seem to be the best among poor options.<br><br>
Thanks everyone for being so good at this. I'm learning life lessons from you all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Merigayle and Hippo... I agree 100% with your comments - yes, the site did a wonderful job handling and Griz, as always, has the finesse of surgeon in handling delicate issues....<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But... I did nothing. I know I did it with panache and style, but I did nothing.<br><br>
I thought of it a few times, like right now when people are PMing and Texting and stuff. But...<br><br>
I'm off for bed.

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Hi Grizz, your post was good, but I was wondering if it is going to be time to lock it soon?<br><br>
I think people are just going to keep on posting advice ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts