Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading of shoes lasting 400-500 miles,but since i have started mine are going out around 175-225 miles. So i was wondering if this was a size issue since i started at 325 and now weigh 259.<br>
Btw I am wearing brooks adrenaline's.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
I am still trying to get 200 out of a pair.. hopefully as I become a better runner and little less weight I will start to get more... But I have literaly killed a pair of shoes in 125 miles. (good ones at that)

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
I've had good luck, usually about 350 miles. I think I'm getting around to teh 400 mark with my Brooks Radius, but can't say for sure - lost some info during the CR collapse.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I am a road runner and I tend to get 500-700 miles outof each pair<br><br>
1) I always have a 4 pair rotation going - The biggest way to limit the life of your shoes are to not let them dry out before the next use/run<br><br>
2) I used to heal strike a little heavier and that area would wear out at 400+ miles, so running form has a lot to do with it.<br><br>
3) I am a nuetral runner, I think pronation will severly limit life.<br><br>
4) I do not like a lot of coushioing.<br><br>
Other than rotating at least 2 pair at the same time, I would not try to over extend the life of your shoes, it can lead to some nasty injuries.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I usually get 400 to 550 miles out of most brands of shoes. Most training runs on track with some on trails, and most races on streets. I have a neutral gait which helps make the shoes last. It is good to rotate a few pairs of shoes....... it's nice to rotate a new pair in halfway through the life of a 2nd pair...... it helps to know when the old pair is breaking down.

·
Registered
12,910 Posts
I'm 260 lbs and my shoes seem to quick, especially when I was up over 50 miles per week running. I've also found rotation to be the key to long life!!!<br><br>
How are the Adrenalines?? I wear the Brooks Beast and they seem to work well, just really expensive.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I stretch them out to 500-600 miles. But they last about 400 miles. Since I run > 50 miles a week, I can't afford a new pair of shoes every other month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts