Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm team captain this year for a competative mixed submaster's team (six women, six men). We're in a rebuilding year as several members are not able to make it back. For those who have toyed with the idea of running it or have run it in the past and would like to compete on a different team, please e-mail me with your interest and 10k time. The weekend dates this year are August 22-24th with the majority of the running taking place Friday night through Saturday afternoon.<br><br>
Happy Running!<br><br><br><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'd like to do it sometime, but if I can manage it this year I'd have to be a late addition to a team. I'm sure you'll have your slot filled by the time I could commit. Not that I'm fast enough anyway, likely... or submasters, for that matter. (M42, 40:00 10K, FWIW.)<br><br>
I've done Reach the Beach in New Hampshire the past two years -- it's a total blast. I gather it's a very similar format to Hood to Coast, about the same distance, but a tougher course, and only 350 teams. Frankly, I have a hard time imagining the same thing scaled up by 3. It absolutely would not work in NH.<br><br>
Anyone here done both? I'm curious about the comparisons.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<br>
Age wise, you would fit right in as there are more of us over 40 than under. We're still waiting for a few of the "young pups" to turn 40 to make it a complete master's team. For that matter, if it ends up that everyone is over 40, I can change the team category to "masters". I was hoping to have firm committments from people by mid April.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts