Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Tonight before I left for my run i drank some water like normal. Bought some water to drink while I"m running on the treadmill. Same old same old.<br><br>
About 10 minutes into my run I thought my uterus was going to fall out with my bladder. It was so painful. I ended up walking for 3 miles ( I was afraid I'd lose my treadmill- stupid I know!) and after 2 miles the pain went away but I still have to pee like it was my job.<br><br>
Obviously life is a little different for me now being almost 16 weeks pregnant. I need to learn to hydrate myself differently I suppose in addition to peeing before my run before I leave the house and when I get to the rec center.<br><br>
Any tips on how to hydrate and not have this happen again?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Sorry, I have no ideas. Around 14 weeks I had to stop running altogether b/c it felt like I had to pee the whole time. Not fun in a forest. I thought it might get better when my uterus lifted up, but it didn't.

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
if you are only doing short runs (about an hour or so) you do not really need to hydrate during your run, if you are well hydrated the rest of the day and after.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I'm out and about in the world I usually just hydrate before and after. But at the rec center it's so freakin hot in the weight room/TM room that I get all nasty and I feel like i need to.<br><br>
I would love to try to just properly hydrate at home and be prepared through out the day. I never know when i'm going to be able to sneak out to exercise. How can I go about hydrating then?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
meri, if they're really short runs, no biggie. But now that BG is a preggo again, her risk for UTI's goes up and "exercise thirsties" really take a toll. Of course, I bet you know that since you have a lot of preggo patients.<br><br>
Speaking of which (and sorry about the tangent), I was reading a book last night that mentioned acupuncture as a way of dealing with labor pain. Have you ever given treatment in a birthing room? Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
I have not had the opportunity to be with anyone during labor, but know many who have, and it has been very helpful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts