Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you all welcomed the year 2022 with positive thoughts.

We (DH, DS, and his GF) had a good time at the Second City (comedy club). And DH and I should have headed to the hotel directly but we decided to go to the DS’s apartment, which required us to wait forever for the right train.. (as a bad start of the transportation issues). Got there and found out the train that would take us to the hotel from his place wasn’t running that late (1am by this time)…. Tried to request Lyft. Multiple failures (just didn’t show up/respond to our requests). Decided to walk to the different train line. Got there only to find Constantly changing train info (coming in 5 min then changing to 20min etc). So we decided to walk. Only 2.9 miles. About 1-hr walk around 3am. In Chicago. Ugh The good news was the weather was pretty decent - high 30’s no wind. So that’s our exercise of the New Year!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
All sorts of craziness around here! Nothing like finding a truck parked in your fence ... and 3 AM strolls in the windy city.

A very NORMAL 20 mile trainer ride before driving down to CT and back for a family holiday gathering...

Geo.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope your trip to CT was also very normal!

This thread should have been named “NY weekend workouts”… totally losing what day each day is..
Sunday - the first decent amount snow!! So took snowshoes out to the nearby state park. 1.5hrs of hiking on snow-packed trail :)

Then “What Constitution Means To Me” - a Broadway-in-Detroit show with DH and DD. It was educational!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Geo-I had a long windy city walk like that but many years ago..the cabs wouldn't' come the trains weren't running etc funny to see such things still happen.
For New Year's day I was determined to get out despite very very cold temps then I had various equipment malfunctions (why did I bring skinny skies in new deep snow, why aren't my skins sticking)
Glasses Smile Vision care Goggles Cricket cap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts