Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My humble apologies for abandoning the VRAA these past few months.  I developed a bad case of the blues.  But I've busted out the SAD light and I think I'm getting better!  I'm thinking that perhaps others are in the same boat with the winter doldrums, loss of mojo, and cold temps and poor footing making it hard to get out there and get 'er done.  SO!  A fresh new round of the VRAA will begin in one week!  Tell your friends and neighbors!  No hard corp or tracking across America this time   Next time!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Teams are assigned based on individual's level of badassedness and the team with the most points at the end of four weeks gets a virtual VRAA Trophy!!!  You will easily track your points into the <a target="_blank"><span style="color:#016ca9;">database</span></a> that Hairy Trotter designed - a place where you can also track the progress of you, your team, other teams and other individuals and the level of badassedry you each signed up for. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Keep track of mileage and time and PROMPTLY score your points. You can run, walk, bike, swim, yoga, zumba - JUST MOVE IT!</p>
<p>  </p>
<p>There wil be a <em><strong>5 point bonus</strong></em> if you participate in a race!     </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Round 28 will start Friday, January 14 and run through Sunday, February 13.</strong>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>To sign up, please reply to this thread and let me know:</p>
<p>A. Level of Badassery</p>
<p>2. Who wants to be a Captain?<br><br>
What kind of badass are you?!   Estimate your points for the month, divide by 4 weeks to determine what level of badassery you're at.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:small;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><b>VRAA levels of badassery</b></span></span><br><br><span style="font-size:small;">When you sign up, please place yourself in one of the following categories. Make your best guess about what you'll average over the course of the next several weeks and categorize yourself accordingly. You won't be punished if you end up doing more or less <b>(do keep in mind that all the non-running points add up; <span style="color:#ff0000;">a lot of cross-trainers and multi-sporters tend to underestimate their productivity</span>).</b></span><br>
 </p>
<p><strong>(1) <span style="font-size:16px;">Plutonium</span> Badass: </strong> When you're not working - you're working out.  It almost seems like exercising is what you do for a living. You rack up 350+ points a week.  A regular day's activity would include a 7 mile run, 25 mile bike ride and a 1500 yard swim, and that's an easy day! Teammates love you, opponents fear you, all secretly want to be like you.</p>
<p><br><span style="font-size:small;"><b>(2) Titanium Badass:</b> A cut above the rest. Your teammates love you, your opponents plan extra workouts because of you. You average earning 280-350 VRAA points per week. That's 2 hours on the elliptical trainer, every day. Or, you go to Pilates class for 60 excruciating minutes 3 times a week, bike 50 miles a week, and still find time to run an additional 40 miles.</span><br><br><span style="font-size:small;"><b>(3) Super Mega Badass:</b> You're a sizzling chunk of aerobic machinery, earning roughly 200-280 points per week or more. You run 40+ miles per week plus bike 25ish miles per week, or bike 135 miles per week, or walk a 9.5 mile mail delivery route every day plus run like a beast in your free time, etc.</span><br><br><span style="font-size:small;"><b>(4) Mega Badass:</b> You're hot & sassy. You're scoring constantly, garnering 120-200 VRAA points per week. Maybe you churn up the pool for 2000 yards in a week and then run 20 miles a week. But not content with that, you then do your cross-training (alt. workouts) because every Mega Badass just knows they should.</span><br><br><span style="font-size:small;"><b>(5) Badass:</b> You are the backbone of the VRAA. No team can win without a solid core of Badassery. You rack up 60-120 VRAA points per week. Cycle for 40 miles in a week and you've done it. In-line skate for 30 miles, same thing. Or you could just run for 15 miles in a week. Or mix it up a little. A Badass like you has options!</span><br><br><span style="font-size:small;"><b>(6) Badass in Training:</b> Maybe you're in one of those long tapers, or you're aspiring to badassery, or you're really busy right now, or you're crosstraining through an injury. We love you for who you are, and respect you for what you do. And what you do is this: earn 0-60 VRAA points weekly for your team. That's up to 15 mpw running, or 40 mpw on a bike, or 6000 yards of swimming, or a few good days at the gym lifting weights and/or tooling around on them machines. To get closer to the low end up the point range, simply up the Cheetos consumption.</span><br><br>
And, before you sign up, please review the <a href="http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48144" target="_blank">VRAA Etiquette Rules</a>. Be Honest and Play Nice.<br><br><strong>Please sign up by Noon CST on Wednesday, January 12. Teams will be announced on Thursday, January 13. And then....GAME ON!!!!</strong></p>

· Registered
2,062 Posts
<p>Hi!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mega Badass, please.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No captain. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Bless you Goon!</p>

· Registered
6,434 Posts
<p>I'm in.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mega BA please and I'm available to captain.</p>

· Registered
5,047 Posts
<p>Hooray! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm in for badass</p>

· Registered
3,124 Posts
<p>Yay, I've been waiting for this to come back, thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll push my limits a little and sign up for Super Mega Badass with the hopes that I'll make it back to yoga class at least twice a week. I'll pass on the captaining.</p>

· Premium Member
4,840 Posts
<p>Oh, how low have I fallen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I used to be between Mega and Super.  But now...I'm not sure I can even make Badass.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Put me down for Badass.  It will motivate me to move more.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No captain, please...</p>

· Registered
12,772 Posts
<p>Can TT, OM and I be an All-Jersey Team???</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Badass <em>por favor</em> ... still a little too Wintery to get a TON of cycling in, so I'll just be running it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can Captain, if needed</p>
<p> </p>
<p>YAY Commish -a-GOON!!!</p>

· Premium Member
4,178 Posts
<p>I am in!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mega BA, no capt'n</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will be limited to my internet access since I am deployed to Afghanistan.</p>

· Registered
4,365 Posts
<p>Maybe this will break me out of my funk.  I am kinda sorta injured though but I want to try.  <span style="text-decoration:line-through;">Badass in Training</span> please.  Yes, I've sunk that low :(.  I'd be lucky to run 15mpw.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>[Edit] No, make that Badass.  Badass in Training wouldn't give me the incentive I need to do the extras in need to be doing beyond just running.</p>

· Registered
539 Posts
<p>Looks like I'm a couple of hours late for the party, but I'd like to participate if possible.  I'm a mega-badass.  If it's too late that's totally fine (I really should check this forum more), but I could really use some motivation! </p>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.