Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Guelph U. Open XC race was held today. The women's course was 4,090 meters. There were 85 girls who ran. The winner was a Guelph rookie, Lindsay Carson, who ran the course in 13:46. Lindsay is the current 1500 and 3000 meter Canadian junior champ, and won this same race last year as a high school senior. Her PB for 1,500 is in the mid 4:20's, so she is verrry fast!!<br><br>
My daughter ran 15:07 for 23rd place. She was the 8th Guelph runner to finish, so did not count in the standings for first place team as only the top 7 finishers' times are used. She says she is beginning to feel stronger as her leg recovers, and compared to her 20:4x 5k time here on Aug 26 she appears to be much stronger. Most of her team mates finished only a few seconds ahead of her, so Guelph seems to have a very competitive and fast team overall.

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Give her my best. I didn't know that she was injured...<br><br>
Is she liking her choice?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Griz!<br><br>
She was recovering all summer from a bone strain in her right fibula. By the end of August she had recovered to the point where she could run easily for a half hour or so without feeling any discomfort.<br><br>
Her second meed was at Western last weekend. I posted over in R&R reports. She will be in California this coming weekend for an international meet. Then a couple more in Canada before CIAU championships in Victoria. She wants to run Vancouver again next spring. I will tell her you were asking about her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts