Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><b>Vegetable Loaf</b></span></span><br><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 cup chopped onion</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 cup chopped celery</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 cup grated carrot</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 cup ground walnut</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">2 eggs</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 tsp. mixed seasonings</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 cup stock</span></span><br><br><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">Another of those ... "go by feel" recipes. This one invented by my wife.</span></span><br><br><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:large;">We use the food processor for the chopping and grating. We usually quadruple the recipe (again going by feel) and freeze loaves for future use.</span></span><br><br><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:large;">Sauté the veggies for 15 minutes in vegetable oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and combile well. Pour into an oiled loaf pan. Bake at 350f for 45 minutes until browned.</span></span><br><br><span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:large;"><b>Food Memory:</b> Whenever someone (say Leanmattie for example) asks if I miss meatloaf I smile and say that I have THIS to look forward to. We have served this as one of several vegetarian dishes at Thanksgiving or Christmas suppers, but the particular food memory I have is of a beautiful day of cross country skiing, pulling out a sandwich made with this loaf, surveying the Rocky Mountains and watching my family... thinking that all was right with this world.</span></span>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts