Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><b>Mock Liver Paté</b></span></span><br><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 block firm tofu</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 20 oz. can cooked chickpeas - drained and rinsed</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">8-10 small to medium onions, chopped</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">20-30 pecans</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 tsp. onion soup powder or nutritional yeast or other spices</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">2 cloves garlic</span></span><br><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">Pepper and salt to taste</span></span><br><br><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">The most important part of this recipe is to sauté the onions very well until they are nice and brown. I usually do this over low-medium heat for at least a couple of hours! Add water if they stick to the bottom and don't burn them.</span></span><br><br><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">Put the garlic and pecans into the food processor first, and process until they're all diced up. Then add the remaining ingredients except for a half-cup of the onions into a blender or food processor. Remove from the processor and blend in the remaining onions by hand. Let sit for a few hours. Serve with crackers or on fresh bread. Freeze any amounts not to be used in 4-5 days.</span></span><br><br><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><b>Food memory:</b> Christmas dinner with guests. “I don’t like anything with tofu in it, so I hope you don’t have any, or won’t force me to eat it.” “Okay.” “Hey… what’s this stuff, it’s good!” “Tofu.” “No way!” “Okay.”</span></span>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts