Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<b><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><b>Black Bean "Caviar"</b></span></span></b><br><br><b><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">¾ cup dried black beans <b>or</b> 14 oz. can drained</span></span></b><br><b><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">¾ cup chunky salsa</span></span></b><br><b><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">⅓ cup each finely chopped sweet green and red pepper</span></span></b><br><b><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">2 tbsp. finely chopped green onion</span></span></b><br><b><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander <b>or</b> ½ tsp. dried</span></span></b><br><b><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">1 tsp. lime juice</span></span></b><br><b><span style="font-family:Symbol;"><span style="font-size:large;">·</span></span> <span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">½ tsp. Salt</span></span></b><br><br><b><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">If using the dried black beans, soak, cook, rinse, and drain.</span></span></b><br><b><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">Toss all the ingredients together. Serve with wedges of pita, Belgian endive, Donuts. Whatever.</span></span></b><br><br><b><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;">This is an easy recipe for a hot day.</span></span></b><br><br><b><span style="font-size:large;"><span style="font-family:Arial;"><b>Food memory:</b> My father-in-law’s wife (hard to think of her as a step-mother-in-law) is always scouring recipe books for something to treat us with when we visit her down east. This one tickled our fancy on a trip one hot summer. The kids were just out of diapers but still a handful, and we spent a few days with my in-laws at their piece of land on a wilderness lake attempting to stay out of the poison ivy. Couldn’t get enough of this at the time, and I secretly called it “Poison Ivy Salsa.” I asked for the recipe and it came on the back of a piece of cardboard salvaged from an empty Kleenex box.</span></span></b>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts