Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glute minimus in particular...?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Hi Grizz,<br><br>
I'm not sure how to target the Gluteus Minimus; maybe someone else will have better advice. To stretch my glutes, I lie on the floor with my legs extended. Then I bend one leg at ~90 degrees, letting the knee drop to the outside and placing my foot on top of the other leg. Then I pull the unbent leg up and towards the midline of my body (keeping it straight) so that it stretches the glute of the bent leg. (sorry, it's a little hard to describe)

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
The one diablita's describing feels so good, but you might feel that one more in the gluteus maximus (every body's different though).<br><br>
I think this web site is generally really good for exercises, and if you scroll down to the Hip Abductors heading, there are 5-6 glute min stretches illustrated & explained in the links.<br><br><a href="http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/HipsWt.html" target="_blank">http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/HipsWt.html</a>

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I do.<br><br>
I have a descriptive worksheet at home, but will try to do my best now.<br><br>
Lie on stomach, bend one leg 90 degrees at the knee resulting in the foot pointing at the ceiling. This is the start position.<br><br>
The exercise is to raise the upper leg off the ground, lifting the pointed foot towards the ceiling. Hold for five seconds then return to start position. Repeat 10 times. Then switch legs.<br><br>
If you are grunting and groaning, you are doing it right. If it feels too easy, hold the exercise for 10 seconds each.<br><br>
I will check my worksheet from my PT when I get home Monday.<br><br>
Recover well.

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<br>
Okay, that's one I'm doing now! I'm on the right track. And I've done Diablita's too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.