Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard you guys talking about bricks and I've noticed the toughest transition for me is from bike to run. I didn't know exactly what to do, so I did this. What do you think?<br>
1. 25:00 of a interval spinerval DVD (1st half of Sufferama 3.0 on trainer)<br>
2. 2.8 miles at current race pace (7:10)<br>
3. 25:00 of the spinerval DVD (2nd half of Sufferama 3.0)<br>
4. 2.8 miles at current race pace.<br><br>
:45 to 1:15 transitions, (as fast as I could). I didn't slack on the bike either.<br><br>
This took about 1.5 hrs and I'm looking to do my first Olympic this year, so I probably need to double this and go about 3 hours at some point. If it's a good brick that is.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Looks good to me. If anything, you might increase the bike time and decrease the run. The point of brick workouts is NOT getting run mileage on your legs, it's about getting your legs used to switching from bike to run. That usually takes a mile or two, and the more bricks you do, the shorter that transition becomes.

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
1!<br><br>
I would definitely decrease the length of the run interval and increase or keep the bike the same. Those types of bricks (brick intervals) are my favorite, though I didn't do many of those last year and didn't miss them performance-wise. But they hold a very good part of your training in that they really get your legs used to running of the bike. Just be careful. Brick runs can very easily cause injury for the added stresses they put on the body with legs just not warmed up for that chosen discipline and certain muscles stiffer from being taxed by the other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts