Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to send my Garmin 305 back because I went running in a pretty serious rain storm and ended up getting water under the display. Anyone have any issues with water and their Garmin?<br><br>
Also, has anyone had to send theirs back? If so, did they fix your old one or send you a new one?<br><br>
Thanks all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wore my Garmin 305 during the YUTC-50K in Sept and noticed water under the display later that night. It was a very humid run and I was sweating a lot, plus splashing water on me whenever I could. The watch was just 2 months out of warranty. I called Garmin and they told me the watch is not designed to have water running over it (ie when I splashed water on my head) or to be exposed to sweaty conditions for an extended period of time. The water testing they do is standing in a still bucket of water for 20 minutes- I wonder if they think runners who would use the product don't sweat??? He said that I could send it in, but they would charge me. The person I spoke with suggested I just ignore it as long as the watch was still working ok. The water is gone, but there are rings where it was, and it is very annoying. I was VERY disappointed with the response from Garmin. Let me know how it works out for you.<br><br>
Other than that I love the watch.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I sent mine back to Garmin when the sound quick working. It was still under warranty and I had no issues. It took less than 10 days to get it back. They will probably send you another one and not yours. There is no way of knowing if it is your or not unless you have some significant marking on it to identify it.<br><br>
Once I got mine back, I had to reprogram all of my data back into it. So the software was probably completely updated in mine.<br><br>
Hope it works out for you. Like I said I absolutely loved the customer support.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No word yet....sent it back over a week ago. Despite the long wait on the phone when I made the initial call, the folks there were very accomodating. I had heard good things about their customer support and thus far I have been very happy.<br><br>
I'll definitely let you all know what happens (new watch or old watch; quick return, etc.). Thanks for all of the comments.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I got water under the display of my old 201 after a long run in a downpour, but it seemed to dry up by itself after a few runs in bright sunshine. I've never had any problems with my 305, and I've even swam with it a few times, although I don't recommend doing that.<br><br>
Victor

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to give an update on my water logged Garmin 305. Arrived home from work yesterday to find a small box sitting at my front door. Went inside my house, opened the box and WHAMO! a brand new (or rather refurbished) Garmin 305!!!<br><br>
I sent it back to Garmin on January 15th, they received it on January 17th and I got it back from them on Tuesday, January 29th. That is under the 10 - 12 work days that claimed it would take. Garmin's customer service is awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts