Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back to reality after a dream vacation is never good, Yo! Hopefully the good feelings will linger at least until the weekend is done.

Enjoy the scenery, Zoj! It's going to be a cold start... Going to take a trip south toward Amesbury myself with the Bagelry crew.

Had a different sort of run today. Went out for a fast first two (about 7:30 pace) - and then decided I was wiped, slow ran for a few hundred yards, then walked a couple of hundred yards more when I saw a neighborhood guy (no one I know) running toward me. Decided to ask him to tag along (for motivation), so ended up running another 4+ with him - turned into a half-trail run as a bonus (shoes got wet and muddy!). So - all told - probably ended up running 6 and a bit miles. Conversation was fine (jobs/exercise/kids) - and it was nice to have that motivational bonus of company.

Geo.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Geo - good on you to ask for a stranger to tag along! Something I have never done it before…. Sounds like a fun run with getting shoes muddied and talking about stuff!

6.5miles run after work. Too much to do to get out of the office around 5pm to do a beer ride. Plus DH has started being concerned about a beer gut lol. Ok run, a bit headache and too high of the HR for the perceived effort. Stopped to watch some softball practices by a bunch of Japanese expatriates - I know JBSD (Japan Business Society of Detroit) is having an annual softball tournament soon. I haven’t been a member for a while as I left a Japanese-German JV company, when we did participate in the game.

One way to get going after one fabulous vacation is to plan another one. We have a backpacking trip scheduled in 3 weeks to see the fall color in Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Already booked backcountry permits. 4.5 day trip. Hoping to see DH’s sister and her hubby up there. DD will be back here next week from Hawaii. Already talking about visiting friends in some states including one in NYC and working from there for a few months. And DS just started his last year in college. Working in the apartment leasing office near University of Chicago when he isn’t taking classes.
Just feeling grateful that all of us are pursuing his/her interests and looking ahead in a good health while working on challenges/struggles ones inevitably face in this thing called “life” :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts