Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11+ miles touring around a virtual Japan-inspired island. Quiet - because I used the hack to cycle a mostly empty virtual world, so I could take in the scenery a bit! I don't think it's based on an actual road in Japan, Yo - but certainly inspired by: NEW Zwift World: Makuri Islands - Yumezi // New Roads // 8 New Routes - YouTube

Running bothers my back more for sure (probably started in my 30's) - after several years of light running, I had many more of generally feeling okay. I think getting older and ramping up too quickly to run the half probably irritated it more, but back to the trainer (and achy knees :) ) - so will give the back a rest for a while. I need to do all the things I say I'm going to do (more fluids; more stretching!).

Geo.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
That route looks beautiful and somewhat looks realistic. I have never ridden Zwift but those sceneries certainly would entertain me for a while and encourage me to hop on a saddle. Yeah take care of your back…!

30min walk during lunch time with Mia the doggie. Then used a very uncomfortable spin bike in the in-laws’ basement for 30min.

The weekend here looks cold and windy….

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The weekend here is back to wintery mix, snow just above us, rain here this am. I got to change steroids..no fun although the new one is making me feel better very fast so there' something to look forward to getting back to everything soon
Geo, Yo or Zoj (which ever also had back issues) the more I've been training with Romina Kostitch on rotation and berating into the actual lungs all meant to get my walking and skiing "gait" back away form the ball of my foot the more its unlocking my lower back and relieving a bunch of the ongoing aging pains. It may just be me always holding my upper body "square" and abs "crunched" but just trying to feel cross connects when hiking and working on the breathing into the upper back have helped so much I've been thinking of a couch to 5k attempt once the current woes are resolved. Just the breathing was a revelation for me Seated breathing (narrow ISA) - YouTube again with PT starting in my teens telling me to pelvic tilt with an ab crunch it might be a me problem but I'm hoping there's something there that might help you.

Well the sun is coming out I might try to get some chores done and i'm going to try some slow EP swimming so I need to bump up the temp for later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts