Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geo - Way to get the ride in! Sorry to hear woodpecker targets your log house. kinda funny, never thought that is a thing. If you know how to deal with chipmunk, let me know. we have tons....

First OWS of the season and first time to swim in two months. My left shoulder/arm (tennis elbow which was getting better before tons of yard work has come back) isn't a good shape so it hurt a bit. But I got my typical 3 out/back laps in! 1.2mile. About 20sec slower than the last year per length, I can live with that. Got a typical sickie feeling but still, very nice to be back in water!!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
OWS? You and SBee are crazy! Can't imagine Michigan lakes are that warm yet....

Myself - after work ride (37+). Will try and get out one or both days this weekend...

geo

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Took SO for a birthday hike in the mountains behind the house somehow the planned hikethrough the bowls morphed into a scramble for a 9,600 ft peak. About 200 feet below the summit (elevation, probably 1/2 mile of distance) the trail became solid blowdown and waist deep snwo. We had already been wandering and scrabling over fallen logs and snow patches so we stopped at an overlook (of the bowls/basins) instead still 8 miles and 1,600 feet for a fine afternoon. And now back to landscaping stuff.

It was a quiet day for animals- lots of bear scat and tracks (some crossing our trail up when we returned) but we only saw a nearby pronghorn and some elk and moose in the distance.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts