Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Friday, December 31 - Workouts!

360 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Yo Sake 
this was a weird end of year day. On Thursday I was swimming in the ep when my phone disconnected form the controller due to an influx of calls and texts and emails for a SAR call near my house. SO I got out and got ready to go support and realized I dont' have a hair dryer any more. Its was 13 degrees out and sideways blowing down snow. After loading up the car I got ready to leave only to have the power go out. I can't open the huge barn door manually (one could but I can't) SO I had to round up the big plow truck and get it warmed and started. I then got there but remained in base camp doing little, there were comms issues. This was form @ 6pm to 11 pm at which point all were found and transported. Then I came home where the power was still out. SO I made canned soup on the wood stove and passed out around midnight only to wake to the sound of a truck running off the road and hitting the fence (its surprising it could be heard). Since the big truck was still warm (diesel truck in what was then around 0 F takes a while to get warm) we pulled him out...then we decided to fill the fridge with snow so the xmas treats would not spoil. I think it was back to bed at 3:30 and then at 5 the power cam eon and various things made noises and woke us up again. I managed some more paperwork Friday and the last of the close up of the dome (emptying the 40 gallon water tanks by pumping out but that was it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.