Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had a week of unsettled weather.
Following a concrete pour yesterday, we had a tremendous hailstorm. The concrete is no longer smooth. This has also interfered wiht workouts of course one of the days I walked in the rain (no thunder right then) I had someone drive up to ask if I needed a ride they looked at me a bit oddly when I said I was just out for a walk.

Yesterday in the morning, while the concrete was getting prepared (and it was LOUD) I walked up the foothill I have not been doing all that much walking hoping to get my foot better. I was also gathering the last of the arnica to make a batch of arnica oil. That walk went well but I could tell both that my Cascadia's are wearing out and that I really needed something more substantial to wear.

Its good to catch up with everyone. Sorry to hear of Geo's SIL
Yo congrats on the win. Of late I've been drinking a small amount of pickle juice for my leg cramps I am always running low on sodium it helps with some headaches but confusing my SO (its cheapest to just buy pickles vs "juice").

Oh and my Monday post vanished. I had a complicated day Monday ended up with a 15 mile gravel ride one section through unconsolidated "fill" and a short swim in an alkali lake.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Up and down weather here as well - although nothing like hailstorms! Finally seems like we'll get a stretch of 4-5 decent (though sticky) days.

Just watched Molly Seidel get the bronze .... What a performance! And loved the "have a beer for me" comment at the end...

Didn't do anything yesterday ... rainy. Today, went for a moderate 4.5-ish mile ride (about 8:40 pace). Not used to the heat! Tomorrow will be the bagelry ride ... I foresee lots of gatorade.

Geo.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Got busy after reading the posts and didn’t post mine.

SB- hope your foot is doing better!

Geo - I have missed watching the marathon however yes that is amazing accomplishment especially this is her only third marathon!

A beer ride for us, 21 miles total with another couple. My riding friend bought his wife an electric bike earlier this year so that she can ride with us and she finally got comfortable enough to ride dirt road to the beer joint. Yay! The rain % was low 20% when we left but it increased to 89% while we were enjoying a cold beee. Well, we finished what we had quickly and hurried home. We didn’t get wet, but did I work hard not to keep the rest of the group too slow…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts