Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I woke up without the headache I've had since my March 26 vax. My head feels like its going to float away but I am sort of holding my breath to see if it stays good. I've been bruising much easier and way deeper and getting tremendous cramps in my legs all of which trace back to the vax plus the hard work. I gave up on waiting for the symptoms to go, I am controlling the hives with a variety of medicines but the only doc who will help is a dermatologist. Anyway the head pain gone is great!

I had 3 hard days of dome skinning, first day was like a barn raising, I needed people to hold the corners of the 42 foot square plastic while we fastened it on the top each triangle needs the plastic to be stretched over it then fastened with staples then covered with a lath strip. I had people just popping up who had driven by and saw us and thought maybe it would be fun to help, amusing to sit on the top of the structure and here everyone "visiting" they couldn't see each other as they were on the outside of the structure. I alternated climbing up to consult or guide and running to house or barn to get things, Day 2 (wed) started with snow flurries but cleared up without a a lot of wind. Less helpers but we were able to work on a ladder rather than balancing on the structure however as we went along there got to be more and more plastic to fold like origami which takes a while. Day 3 just 3 of us working on step ladders. The wind was on and off the temp in the high 40s so we got a lot done but as you get lower there are more and more triangles! The bottom tier is tacked down but the plastic folding needs to be done and it started up with weather again, snowing right now. SO I declared a day off as the tacking is holding. We'll try to finish tomorrow before the next round of storms! The dome is a greenhouse/wildlife excluder but will also have hammocks for the adventurous to sleep in or nap at. All the helpers want to nap in there its so nice and warm and humid! I had ordered a vent fan but it seems to be lost somewhere. For now we don't' need it, I have a heater but need to go to the lumber yard to get a door (its framed out but need the actual door).

Yo-Is DD going to Montana (Glacier NP) or Wyoming? Either way I'd be interested in how the tiny house works. We've been talking about them here, generally we think they wouldn't' hold up to our weather but we all wonder.

As for workouts, I suppose i should, last one was Monday in the EP. The bruises on my legs from kneeling on the ground (stupid vax realted bruising thing) are really burning so I may take a bonifide rest day..

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
yay for no headache SB!! That dome sounds amazing!

Thanks for getting us going!

Usual early am dog walk and then 2.6 mile run at lunch FIB a shorter dog walk...super windy here today. Got a fire going in the woodstove. It is April 23rd right?!?!?!

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
SB - the dorm is gigantic! Looks like a serious project and I’m in awe that you want to tackle hard stuff :). I think DD said Wyoming. I saw the pictures of the tiny house with a beautiful view of Glacier NP, I will ask which city the house is in. And maybe pictures.

Zoj - yeah we went down in 20’s two days in a row. Crazy upswing is coming. 80’s on Tuesday?!

2-mile walk during lunch. Then Beer Ride Friday #2 this season. Total 21miles with a stop in the middle. They had an outside fire going. Meatloaf slider was yummy!

Have a good weekend all!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Not! On workouts again - just a lot of dog walking. Was contemplating one - but nope. Dog's birthday was today, which he celebrated by a) taking a swim in the stinky vernal pond near our hose and b) taking an exploratory sniff at a porcupine which didn't work out to well. One fairly large size vet bill later, he seems okay (thankfully was able to take him to an emg. clinic only a few minutes after he was quilled). My fault for letting him off leash - even though seemed mostly daylighty still (happened at about 6:15 pm). One interesting note was that while we driving him to the vets, we saw a bobcat running down our road into the woods across the street. Not a common sight for sure. At any rate - an unexpectedly busy night!

That dome does sound pretty fab, SBee. We just got a 3 x 3 x 6 greenhouse thingy from Job Lot for a song ... but yours will probably be up before ours is!

geo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts