Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Freedom weekend thread

747 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  OrangeMat
<p>Morning kickstars.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>10 miles along the bay front this morning.  93 heat index at 6 a.m. this morning.  jtwili    Watch battery wasn't charged enough and it gave up at mile 1.   So it was untimed  which is just fine.   Only ran 20 miles this week in 3 runs.  Can't remember when I've run so little in a week or even for a month.  Have to start getting back into the groove next week.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Running a 4 mile race Monday but am just going to run it based on how I feel.  I have lost fitness over the last 6 weeks due to this heat and training.  So I'm not ready to race it.  I'm going to run slow enough to enjoy it and run with a different crowd.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mike sorry to hear about your car.  You need to take it back and tell them it's a lemon and get another.  Change your luck?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What's up all?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
1 - 2 of 11 Posts
<p>Good Sunday afternoon to you. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good attitude OM.   A virtual friend (Joe Garland) wrote a nice piece on his blog about type 1 and type 2 runners.  Type 1 runners run for fun; are mid to back pack runners, don't feel bad if they don't place.  They fully enjoy the running experience.  They type 2 runner is mid pack or front pack runners; place in their age groups, never miss a workout even if they are sick, injured, run in all kinds of weather, feel guilty if they don't train hard enough or race hard enough.  The conclusion was that their needs to be a type 3 runner; one who  combines the best of both types.  RAces when they want, don't worry about winning all the time, running for fun, no guilt over missing a workout when life gets in the way.   At almost 57 I'm still much more aligned with the type 2 runner but in the last year I feel the transition taking place to type 3.  All 3 types of runners are good; we just need to figure out which we want to be.  There is no shame in being last and their is short lived glory for winning the race.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No run for me today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a good one and be happy in your own skin</p>
See less See more
1 - 2 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.