Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Over the last several weeks, the platform team has been working on the contrast and layout. You should notice the contrast much easier to read now. Additionally, the developers are working on the 'width' of the forum areas - so the full screen is being used. Look for those changes soon.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your support of the site as we continue to improve the performance, look and feel of kickrunners.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>As a reminder - if you have an issue or complaint - or suggestion for the site, do not post them in the normal forums - post them in the suggestions area. If they are in the normal discussion forums, they will not be seen or may be a long while before they are seen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
<p>Just posting a question/suggestion...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With the new layout the forum only uses half the page.  The right half is used for advertisements.  I am ok with that part.  But as soon as I scroll down a little I am now restricted to the same half a screen, and the right half is doing nothing!  All the way down.  How about putting the two ads horizontally at the top.  Then they get seen, but we get full width for reading also.</p>
<p>Craig</p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
<p>I like the contrast changes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I realized that I am finding myself scrolling all the freakin time and just now realized that is why I'm not looking at posts maybe >20 down - which in Multisport means I'm missing a lot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>for whatever reason, I have noticed a drop in posting activity in MS as well (me included) so might want to poke around there and see if anyone can figure out WHY before we lose too many more</p>
<p> </p>
<p>still looking for Blackberry functionality - not sure if it's just not in the cards or somewhere on the list. I'm also not current reading through posts over here so forgive if it's been brought up before.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks for all your help</p>

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
<p>I don't post or look at the site nearly as much.. a HUGE part of that is the blackberry issue. The reviews take up the space and time to load, and I can't post a quick thought or a comment.. </p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
<p>Even without the ads, the load size on the site is HUGE and therefore prohibitive even to browse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>SATFIX - is there anything new coming down the pike on the GUI?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The drop in MS postings has continued, nay, I would say accelerated (ok, so to be clear I mean we have a massive volume DROP in postings).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm afraid we're loosing people because of the interface. Seems to be the consensus.. people are just not as apt to dig into threads and we're trying to put our fingers on WHY. This is exactly why we left the Active site after they bought up coolrunning. However, there they didn't give a crap and they DRAMATICALLY changed things - here it is far more subtle but I think people are slipping away</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<p>I understand - and I wish I could just push a button and make everyone happy - or at least cover as many issues as I can - I just can't.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I do know they (the developers) are pushing out new versions and I have a conference call this week with them to discuss the site. I will more than 'articulate' our concern with the impact on traffic and users.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will post a summary of everything in one new thread once I have some new information</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>rich</p>

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
<p>Was there anything accomplished in the meeting with the development team?  any updates coming, any fixes to our complaints, any feedback on the suggestions? </p>

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<p>I put the news on the front page - there is a 'carousel' and on that you'll see a picture of a blackberry phone. Update is there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will be putting all updates there from this point on.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The short answer is, 'yes' - there is some news and yes - we did discuss this and other items and expect some changes as a result.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Rich</p>

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
<p>any updates in the last month other than chat and smileys? </p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.