Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>For umpteen years through Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and then Junior Forest Wardens, Wednesday nights was taken with club nights. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now they're free, and an instrument from the back of our family room is calling to me.  Yup.  I'm going to try the banjo.  No, not bluegrass, I want old-timey clawhammer.  I'd love to be able to some day play like this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just be glad I didn't say bagpipe.</p>

·
Registered
21,889 Posts
<p>I like bagpipes...</p>

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Well I do to.  But some people don't.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>True story.  I had a set in the back of our Corolla wagon, and while normally I would have covered them with the cargo screen when stopped anywhere I just had pulled in to the local mall for a quick pickup of something at the drug store.  I came back and the back window had been smashed in.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You guessed it.  In the back there were 2 sets of bagpipes.</p>

·
Registered
21,889 Posts
<p>Bahahahahahaha!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The wedding I attended last weekend was graced with a visit from a pipe band.  While I like bagpipes, I prefer them in the open, like on a Scottish moor or something, not right next to me in an enclosed space.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, yeah, I was plugging my ears while they played, but they were freakin' loud!</p>

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
<p>My dog learned to let herself out of the house when I was learning to play the pipes.</p>

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<p>There are "indoor" pipes, they're called Parlour Pipes or Scottish Small Pipes.  I kid you not.</p>

·
Registered
21,889 Posts
<p>I believe you.  These were not indoor pipes...</p>

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
<p>   Have fun!  DH has made a very good career as a banjo player-  Bluegrass is good.. but check out mid 19th  banjo too. It's kind of "extreme" banjo - gut strings that constantly go out of tune. no frets, and pitched much deep that standard blue grass fare.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>  * Bagpipes are mever acceptable - except maybe in parades. ..  DH has a set of those too... )  </p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.