Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geo - that’s quite upgrades all at once! Good luck to keep them shiny as libn as possible!

SB - 60F in your neck of the woods seem to strangely too high at this time of the year.... hard to dress for a longish ride for sure.

Fargo Sub-48 was a great success! Got to the starting campsite Friday late afternoon, and enjoyed the evening with a bunch of friends and slept well in my car, 29F! Sat, we rode 45miles with 3000ft climb. Before lunch (at 25miles) we had to deal with lots of wind (gusting 30mph), then wind gave us some break but relentless hills!!! That was insane. We are in Michigan! Lol. Then at 40miles we had a happy hour stop. You think, oh only 4 miles I got this. Not so fast. After a drink my body was basically done. Then about 3 miles of sand pit. I prob could have ridden most of it if there weren’t any gears (bike + gears = 54lbs) but especially with front heavy set up (tent) I couldn’t get through the deep sand. And pushing bike was no joke. Still, it was all worth it. Fun evening with friends. Sunday was just 26 miles, 1000ft climb. Wind mostly on our back. We rode some sand but mostly gravel and paved bike path (which is a part of North Country Trail) edged with beautiful spring flowering trees. Some single track. Just super enjoyable gorgeous day. And hot, 81F. I got a plenty of energy left. Which I don’t recall I could say in the past Fargo ride.
I can’t wait for the best year. Sounds like it will be in spring going forward, which I would love because of all these flowers!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yo-yes it was crazy hot but not for long! I saw your fb photos looked great! Some day the tour divide ? j/k The hike a bike was good prep for it, I don't like sand!

Saturday dawned cold and wet in the 30's. I was out early for SAR training on clothing systems. In particular teaching us to seek shelter or move to rewarm after getting wet vs building a fire and changing into dry clothing (not really an option when dealing with a rescue but its true for all the modern technical clothing). After most of a day of lecture we headed out in the field slogging through snow fields and mud and blow downs with a threatening sky to find a creek we could get our clothing wet in (only a few of us opted for this) then continued to hike in sleet and wind to find if we would get dry. I found that my supposedly wicking sports bra does note dry but everything else works as advertised. Another person with a "tech" shirt had the same issue. It seems if you have a lot of lycra in a technical garment it wont' dry despite the promises but otherwise it is quite good, you need something to block wind and proper layers.
We were told the hike was 4 miles, seemed less to me.

Sunday was blustery and chilly with occasional rain and snow showers. I had my 1 hr wall yoga. Helped a neighbor who had started burning slash before the wind hit (causing the fire to try to flare and run) then had a short walk but overall an uninspired day. Woke to a nice layer of snow this monday am, gotta lay out the workout plans for the week!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts