Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting like a winter here, and hearing some serious storm heading to the east coast. And saw the SB's pictures!

3000yd swim at a nearby HS pool at around 11:30am. I contemplated to go to another HS pool with a friend then go to a club breakfast....but just didn't feel right about going to an indoor dining with a bunch of people I don't know well enough (about their vaccination status, believe in COVID, etc) plus the swim start was 7am. Left shoulder did ok, after giving me a scare after the last Monday swim where I did {20+22} x 50yd. I couldn't lift my arm for a few days.
Probably that is it for today.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Did have to snowblow today - had about 6-8" of thankfully fluffy stuff yesterday. Also got about 15 miles of Zwifting in, just toodling around. DW also tried it finally - and said she enjoyed it. Hopefully she'll pick it up more regularly.

Good for you for playing the dining safe, Yo. I take it SB got a bit of snow?

Geo

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hey Geo a bit over 2 ft from the latest storm. Still haven't' gotten my trainer out since of course I had to go play in the snow.

I got my tracked side by side out for a little practice and then skis for a fast 4 milers, first time I've tried to go fast this season and now I'm super sore.
Sunday/today I've done my online yoga wall class and discovered some relaly tight spots to work on and now I will head out for an easier ski with J its sunny out but not warm
For 2022 I want to do better at tracking my workouts but haven't figured out how, probably an old fashioned spreadsheet or something I used to have various apps but they've all fallen by the wayside

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Dang - that's a nice dumpiing. Unfortunately for us, there's really no base - despite the moderate snowfall we just had. Today was a bit of freezing rain that kind of smushed what we had to 4 or 5 inches. Just bought some new (probably not very good) snowshoes ... but hopefully we'll be playing in snow SOME time before the end of winter.

More trainer for me today - only 14 or so miles, but 3400 feet of climbing up Alp du Zwift in there, so took about 90 minutes.

·
Registered
8,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I have just realized a new feature on KR. As I was typing my post, it notified me 'you have a new post since....view here' so I clicked and sure enough there is a new post by Goe. This is good, avoiding a multiple daily thread!

Geo - good to hear DW enjoyed zwift! And nice workout, 90min on a trainer!!

SB - Nice snow! Do you use the greenhouse in spite of that much snow/cold temp during the real winter period? About logging your workouts, have you used any 'method' to track of your workouts ever? I have been using old fashioned log book (originally from Runner's World, then I have been keeping on making my own book using excel, annually, lol) for as long as I can remember (meaning prob close to 20years...). Now I have a Garmin Forerunner that allows me to keep track of my workouts for about 1.5yrs, I still make my own log book. And I color code each workout - swim with blue, bike with yellow, run with pink, walk with orange, and strenth/stretching in green :) so I can visually see how workouts are balanced. When I was mainly a runner, I even kept details of every mile & HR, etc....(that's before I got GPS-enabled watch). I still enjoy keeping hand-written log book. with lots of my own emoji's hahaha.

6.3miles run. The roads are finally clean but it was windy. To my surprise, the first time in a LOOOONG time to ave. sub 10:00min/mi pace for this distance. 9:45 to be exact in spite of frequent walks and gusty wind. No major headaches to report either for some time. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts