Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Finally Friday - March 4

840 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  OrangeMat 
#1 ·
<p>Morning all!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today will be a strength day in the gym, to work on my hips, core, glutes and abs.  Good thing that was the original plan anyway, since I forgot to pack shoes in my gym bag this morning.... they are usually here, but I wore them home last night.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A group LR to check out the trail course of a big race in May is on tap for tomorrow down near Hamilton.  Not sure if I need Yaks, screw shoes... or flippers and a snorkel, what with all the rain in the schedule.  I HATE running in cold rain!  But I don't want to put it off until Sunday, as a) I don't want to run it alone, b) the precip changes to snow on Sunday (and I don't want to drive 3hrs in it) and c) the nursery supplier I want to visit to buy this year's tomato seeds isn't open on Sundays.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Decisions, decisions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a  wonderful day everyone!</p>

#2 ·
<p>...mornin' heme//.........good luck on your race......</p>
<p> </p>
<p>======</p>
<p> </p>
<p>...rest day here......</p>
<p> </p>
<p>trying</p>
<p>to beat a FlareUp</p>
<p>at the moment,</p>
<p> </p>
<a class="spoiler-link H-spoiler-toggle" href="#"><strong>Warning: Spoiler!</strong> <span class="spoiler-help">(Click to show)</span></a><div class="spoiler-hidden">
<div>
<p>...an</p>
<p>Old Runners' Tip is:</p>
<p>if you</p>
<p>can't Walk it,</p>
<p>don't RUN it......</p>
<p> </p>
<p>may have to scale back my alledged 2nd RunDay........drat.</p>
</div>
</div>
<p> </p>
<p>hopefully</p>
<p>the storms will hold off tomorrow til I can get in a poolrun.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>good running guys.......</p>

#3 ·
<p>It seems it'll have to be Sat, Heme.  Easy decision!  Enjoy that trail</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Glad to hear you're bouncing back from that bug Happy Feat.  It seems lot's of folks are coming down with viruses lately around here.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Well it's getting warmer here too.  10F this morning.  So I visited my gym and did 5 GA on the TM.  Each day I'm getting better and better with this reverse taper.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD comes home tonight for a w/e visist.  Psyched!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hiya Opie!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TGIF</p>

#4 ·
<p>Hi Heme TW and Mike.     Enjoy the trail tomorrow Heme.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> I just did an easy recovery 8.5 miles on the treadmill.  68 minutes</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Planning on some 1/2 mile repeats tomorrow.  Since I lowered the incline a little, I'll have to figure out the appropriate pace to run them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mike, warmer weather will be coming soon.  It's raining here right now.</p>

#5 ·
<p>Heme - sounds like a no brainer choice to me</p>
<p> </p>
<p>((flaire ups))</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mike - i'm not even going to mention the temps here today.  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hiya Rip and those to follow</p>
<p> </p>
<p>10 miles in overcast windy weather.  85 mns and change.  19 ez scheduled tomorrow and all my training partners are leaving town this afternoon to run the Texas Independence Relay (203 miles).   Long run will be lonely and boring tomorrow.</p>

#6 ·
<p>I agree, easy decision Heme...gotta make sure you get those seeds.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Belated congrats Irunmike on your marathon last weekend, although I suspect you didn't do quite as well as you'd of liked based on your training pace. Impressive anyway.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(((lonely KS)))</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi TW & rip</p>
<p> </p>
<p>10+ miles in the woods, this will have to do as my weekend LR, as I'm working Sat & Sun. I won't mention the temps here either, although I'm sure they're not Corpus Christi like.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I signed up for our local 50K (Siskiyou Outback, Mt. Ashland in July). Will be the first 50K race in 4 years (not counting the thing I did on my 60BD). Just hoping to stay ahead of the sweep.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good running to all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

#7 ·
<p>Evening all , easy day here as I have a World Age Group Duathlon race tomorrow that MrsG was also supposed to be doing. Just got a call from London and she has gone to hospital with Stomach pains again. Car is packed for the Race but I am off to London to see what is going.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Be healthy all</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gobi</p>

#9 ·
<p>Thanks, Johnny. You summed it up nicely.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jeepers Gobi! Hoping Mrs G is alright.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Opie!!! That didn't happen..That didn't happen..That didn't happen..That didn't happen..  Keep us posted please!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>KS, don't let "boring" prod you to go faster than necessary tomorrow.  But you know that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We're getting mild temps this w/e, esp. Sunday, but it'll be accompanied by rain. At least that should melt a lot of snow.</p>

#11 ·
<p>[[[[[opie]]]]]]</p>
<p>.....hang in there, you can whip this.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>YAY JOHNNY///////</p>

#12 ·
<p>Trying for the 3rd time in the last 3 or 4 hours to post.....grrrrrr......computer just freezes up....must be me because others have posted.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope Mrs. G is all right....positive thoughts to the Gobi clan</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Opie....say it ain't so....thinkin of you</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

#13 ·
<p>{{{Mrs G}}}</p>
<p>{{{Opie's foot}}}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Long travel day yesterday but I'm home. Been dozing but not fully awake since about 4am, drifting in and out of dreams about running. Now it's almost 7am and I just got up... should've forced myself awake three hours earlier and gotten up to run then when my subconscious told me to.... oh well, I'll get out eventually.... haven't had running dreams in like forever, and even though I ran 5 days out of the 7 that we were away, I feel I really missed it, how odd....</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.