Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Google search didn’t yield much. So here is the pain:
It’s outside of my left foot toward the heel. It’s an electric shock type pain. It only occurs when my toes are up (calf stretched) AND my leg is straight/hamstring is stretched. If not all are met, it doesn’t cause the shock. What the heck is this? I had experienced this pain long time ago here and there but never lasted long. It’s been about 2-3 months now. So under normal activities or even running don’t cause this at all. But say if I’m trying to pick up something in front of me from a floor without bending my knee, this pain happens.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yo I don't know. Toes up locks up the Achilles, hamstring stretched/straight would transfer all the stress to the ends of the tendons? er unlock your knees when bending?? Nerve entrapped idk. I have a back of the heel pain at times that's similar but I just avoid those moves...Anyone with more clues?

I have to put in rate increases in all my contract responses..sigh

Been doing lots of garden chores, house chores and not too much else. I did get in a short walk yesterday and my 1 hr strength trainer with my online pt.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
No idea either. Plantar Fascitis (sp) (in my limited experience) is a sharp stabbing pain. Not sure if it manifests in different ways. Googling certainly looks like some sort of nerve pain (helpful, I know).

Ended up getting back on Zwift today for about 17 miles (go me). Parts arrived today - but shop doesn't have an opening until the 20th or so - so hopefully one decent week on Zwift before returning to the road (rah).

geo

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for your feedback. Some nerve thing for sure. I just don’t know how to treat it and not to let get worse. At thin point no pain occurs during normal daily activities. I HAVE to make it cause the pain (like stretching a certain way). I just want it go away… ! If it is a nerve thing, prob it stems from all the way to the hip/hamstring insertion area…? Like a different manifestation of sciatica, I wonder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts