Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
It's because you're a stud muffin, that's why...plain & simple.<br><br>
Recovery runs are supposed to feel easy - if they don't, you're either doing them too hard or you REALLY need to recover, as in take a day off. What I typically find on RR and on rest intervals after a track workout or tempo run is that once you crank up your speed and then ease off it, it feels so much easier. In other words - let's say you're doing 800m repeats at 8:00/mile pace with a 400m recovery jog at 10:00/mile pace...after you get used to the 8:00 pace, it's pretty tough to run 10:00 because it feels so slow.<br><br>
Same holds true in races for me - if I want to keep pushing the pace but I'm hurting a little, I'll go really hard for a minute or so and then back off to the pace I was running before. It makes that pace feel easy, plus I banked a few seconds in case I DO slow down. My long run this weekend I was complaining about the fast pace early (7-7:10), then I got used to it. We sped up to 6:40 and I complained a little for a mile or two, and then 6:40 felt really easy. You get used to the hard pace - "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable." I think that's what you're doing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.