Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope the weather hitting northeast isn’t too difficult to deal with..,, what challenging situations down in TX..,,

SB - got to try the one leg drill. To be honest, I can’t picture what that looks like until I try it. Thx!

5miles run/walk to/from the library. 80% was either once plowed but covered with snow (a few inches) or deep snow (knee high) with full of boots holes. Slow of course but totally ok. I resumed taking the migraine headache pill.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Yes - I'm having a hard time envisioning the 1 leg drill as well. Seems like an invitation to flop sideways :) Maybe a back yard experiment... And the wildlife - oy. I caved and bought a new x-country package this year after my 20+ yo skis had split at the tail. I suppose some hot glue and a clamp would have fixed it - but compared to downhill skis, x-country are a bargain! The first time I tried them a few weeks ago, took me a while to figure out how to get them off (you had to twist a latch by your toes, as opposed to depressing a latch like I did with my last skis). My last were the metal post in front type (not 3-pin binding) - so at least they had that going for them!

Got out snow shoeing several times with the dog, and one short loop with DW. Also took a storage bin lid out into the back and went sledding down a backyard hill. The dog was very excited (lots of barking). For exercise, got zwifting in Yorkshire for about 21.5 miles (3.5 mile and crash website, followed by 18 miles).

Geo.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Another wintery play day. Usual loop with the dog (and DW) - followed by 4-5 miles of x-country skiing (w/DW for a while, but she decided to turn back). Really enjoying these few weeks of actual winter that we've had. There hasn't actually been much snow, but at least it's stayed cold enough to keep the bit that's fallen. Sounds like you'll be back-countrying until June, SBee!

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geo - I’m with you, also enjoying this snow that’s sticking around longer than normal years. Let’s hope your new ski will be put in a good use for years to come!

About 7miles xc ski in a metro park, with DH and Mark. It was quite hilly compared to the state park we have been skiing, we even tried black diamond (doesn’t take much to get the designation), and managed to wipe out twice. I even fell on a street while trying to cross - too many street crossings, darn. 1.5hrs or so of wintery fun.. Looks like it come to an end as the temp goes up close to 40F. :(. The bike trails will be a mess for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts