<p>I love this time of year!</p>

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
<p>I might have to be strawberries.  Or blueberries.  Depends on the day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I like picking both, though.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And that can get expensive.  A few years back DW and I took the kidlets to the local pick-your-own place, took the nice hay-ride out into the field and started on the strawberries.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We didn't spend that long, IMO, waited for the next truck back.  They weighed them...YOIKS!  $35...granted, we picked a LOT of strawberries, but I wasn't exactly prepared to spend that much.  But, you pick 'em, you bought 'em.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DW sliced them in two, hulled them, made a little sugar/water/lemon juice mixture, tossed them into a freezer bag (well, many freezer bags), and we put them in the freezer.  We still had some come winter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The blueberries...they must be less expensive, or, maybe it's because it's first week in July and we just get too hot out there picking, but we never come back with as much.  Still a lot, though...but not $35 worth...</p>

·
Registered
585 Posts
<p>Probably peaches.  But maybe watermelon.  I can't decide.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't really categorize tomatoes as a fruit, but there is nothing more delicious than biting into a home-grown tomato, hot from the sun, juice dripping down your chin.  So good.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.