Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So who has anything to say about Twin Cities?<br><br>
Speak now or forever hold your peace, because it is going to close any day.<br><br>
Eternally indecisive,<br>
SGH

· Registered
3,862 Posts
SGH, consider the field size as well. Unless you're super tough, a small size race generally produces slower race times. It helps to have enough runners around to pull/push you along.<br><br>
If I'm racing, ideal for me is field of 1000-3000.<br><br>
Locally, many from my area do well at Columbus. The medium size field provides enough quality competition that you're never alone. I've run there in '03 and then as a bike spectator ever since. Just as srlopez points out though, there are some tough parts of the course. Weather has been good.<br><br>
I can answer your C-bus questions.

· Registered
449 Posts
The plusses of Twin Cities are the spectator support (PHENOMENAL) and the org. However, this race is quite big, so what you want to do is run a not-slow half somewhere (it used to be 1:45 for men, I don't know about women... look it up) and then you can start close to the front. Otherwise, it may take you a few miles to get to a nice pace.<br><br>
BUT.<br><br>
You seem to be very very concerned about having a "fast" course.<br><br>
Twin Cities ain't it. It's a pretty hard course because there is a big time hill in the mid-20s.<br><br>
Twin Cities is one of my all-time favs and it is fun. And you *can* run it fast.<br><br>
But faster than Steamtown, Columbus, or MUM? Oh, heavens no.

· Registered
3,349 Posts
SGH--<br><br>
I haven't done Lakefront, I'm probably going to register and then decide later (Milwaukee races are cheap), Flounder has done Lakefront and can chime in.<br>
From what I understand the elevation maps are very deceiving and make it look hilly, but it really isn't. The factor that prevents Lakefront from being fast is weather. If the wind blows (and it will) at your back---your golden, if not, you in a headwind. The race has about 2000 cap----and does fill every year. I believe they have 800 already. If it's like any race that the striders put on it's be a low-cost, low-frills, low-problems....always alot of beer.<br><br>
indecisive also,<br>
sue

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.