* Self-Transcendence (Nyack NY) 8/24 -- I don't know anyone who has done this one.<br><br>
* Baltimore 10/13 -- I know quite a few people who have done this one, but not one person who really likes it very much. No specific reason, just kind of a "blah" race. I'll be running Hartford on this day.<br><br>
* Marine Corps 10/28 -- done it. Once. Never again. Too many other better choices unless you really get psyched by it (and it doesn't sound like you do).<br><br>
* Marshall University 11/4 -- done this one. It is flat for WV, but it is not completely pancake flat. You end in the football stadium and get to carry a ball down the field to the finish line in the far endzone. If you know the history of Marshall's team and/or saw "We Are Marshall", this is WAAAY cool. I like this race a lot. Medium chance I will run it this year. There's a marathon this same weekend (but on Saturday) in Wynne Arkansas. Nice, semi-hilly course. Very fun race.<br><br>
* Richmond 11/10 -- "also looks to have some hills but right now I'm leaning toward it. Close in location and looks very well-organized." It is supremely well-organized, plus this is a special anniversary year for the race. The hills are really not that bad... not at all. Nice downhill finish. I will be at this race. Someone else mentioned Harrisburg... a little flatter... I'll be at that race too.<br><br>
* Philly 11/18 -- "didn't love the course or organization, but I love the city of Philly and did well in last year's race." If you didn't love it, I would only suggest it IF the logistics are simple for you. Otherwise, pick another one and experience something new <img alt="smile.gif" src="http://files.kickrunners.com/smilies/smile.gif">. That said, all my friends like Philly. I haven't done it and won't this year.<br><br>
* Kiawah Island SC 12/8 -- "has been recommended by a few people except there are few spectators. I don't think this would bother me as I pretty much ignore spectators unless they are someone I know." The biggest thing to consider about this race, aside from a fairly boring double loop course, is WIND. It can be really WINDY. Also, the organizerRDdude is quirky... registration is only open for a small window, and my friends who have emailed him about getting in always get really weird responses. I won't be running it... I'll run Rocket City and Dallas White Rock on this weekend. I don't know how far Huntsville Alabama is for you, but Rocket City is considered a fast course. I liked it ok. The city isn't really pretty during brown-dead-winter, but the race is well supported. It's "flat", but that means "flat for the area". A few rollers, about like Richmond.<br><br>
SGH, email me if you want to talk about other choices (same name as here at hotmail).