Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I saw this recipe that started with cutting an eggplant in half longways, brushing the surface with olive oil, and baking it.<br><br>
And I bought an eggplant. It's lovely, but I wish I could remember what the recipe was about.<br><br>
I can't find the recipe, and I can't remember where it was going.<br><br>
I think the softened baked eggplant was scooped out and mixed with other stuff and used to top pasta. But I'm not sure.<br><br><br><br>
Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that sounds good!<br><br>
I found the recipe when I was browsing about 5 vegan sites at the same time.<br><br>
Now that I think a bit harder, I think that roasting the eggplant halves was the first step to making a pizza with eggplant topping.<br><br>
I'll keep looking, and if I don't find it, there are lots of excellent ways to prepare eggplant. Yum!

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet site!<br><br>
I just found this tempting recipe at <a href="http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=15428.0" target="_blank">http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=15428.0</a><br><br><b>Tian aux Aborigines</b> (eggplant)<br><br>
Ingredients (use vegan versions):<br><br>
1/2 a big eggplant<br>
2 zucchinis (green or yellow)<br>
1/2 of one big onion<br>
2 red peppers, grilled and skinned<br>
olive oil ( a few tablespoons)<br>
garlic to taste<br>
Herbes de Province<br>
a small can of tomatoes<br><br>
Directions:<br><br>
Slice the vegetables, the shape you like them. The rest of the recipe is quite easy.<br><br>
Just place them in a pie plate on top of one another. Put the eggplant first, because it needs to absorbs the liquid of the other veggies.<br><br>
Drizzle a little olive oil between each layer, the herbs and add a little garlic too.<br><br>
On top of everything, add the canned tomatoes.<br><br>
Put all this in the oven for about 30 minutes or so at 350 degree.<br><br>
Yumm!<br><br>
Serves: 2<br><br>
Preparation time: 45 minutes

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That ALSO sounds good! Thank you!<br><br>
I will need to expand my spice collection soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts