Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,043 Posts
I'm not sure, but all I know is that it's easier to run when I'm at my happy weight. I can go faster and farther.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I do not believe its body fat - I believe it is over all body mass and the distribution of it that affects performance - I would expect a 6'2 225 pound weight lifring type with 8% body fat to be much slower than a 6'2 180 pounder with 10% body fat.<br><br>
I like to keep a nice chunk of body fat in my ass to give me a low center of cravity

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apart from being an important fuel source, (distance running) body fat is dead weight.<br><br>
The two examples Flounder gives 8% and 10% are in the athletic range and I would doubt, depending on ability and given the same amount of training that there would be little difference in performance.

·
Registered
25,018 Posts
Body fat doesn't help you move.. Muscle is helping you move your body forward...<br><br>
I'd expect someone 5'4 140 lb 18% body fat to run better than someone 5'4 140 lb 25% body fat, even given similar training.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.