Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Just curious if anyone has any experince with the La Sportiva Wildcat GTX as a distance shoe?  I read these reviews online but none of the reviews seem to come from ultra runners.  I need to know if anyone who runs more than 26 miles in a shoe still likes the shoe.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a wider foot so I haven't liked the La Sportiva's in the past but I heard you can order them in a wide.  What I really want is a distance shoe with a really agressive tread and no mesh  or GTX (for winter).  Any ideas?  Does a really aggressive tread work on a distance shoe, or does it create drag over time?  I currently wear Brooks Cascadias, which I love, but they get gunked up in the mud really easy and loose their traction.  Not great for Alaska or winter conditions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So the Wildcat GTX?  Any ideas?</p>
<p>Thanks.</p>

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
<p>I have a couple of pairs... I've run about 60 miles of a 100 miler in them.  Pretty good shoes, but the tread isn't that aggressive.  The Crosslites have much more aggressive tread.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've since switched to Inov-8s... great shoes and very aggressive tread.</p>

·
Registered
328 Posts
<p>I like the Salomon XA PRO 3D ULTRA , yes i know long name.  I was on the Brooks Cascadias before i went to this shoe.  I am now on my 6th pair i like them so much.  Very comfortable right out of the box.  They do have a Gortex version as well for the winter.  Not sure what you consider aggresive tread but i havent slipped that much in them even on ice.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Marc</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.