Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to add any that you enjoy to this thread.<br><br>
I just made this one for my office holiday party. I've made it before and got rave reviews. I was a bit nervous about how it would go over because it is a bit different, but most of it was gone by the time I went home. It is a bit sweet.<br><br>
Caramelized Black Bean "Butter"<br><br>
Ingredients:<br>
1 Tablespoon olive oil<br>
4 cups chopped onion<br>
2 (15-ounce) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained<br>
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar<br>
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa<br>
1/2 teaspoon salt<br>
1/2 teaspoon paprika<br>
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley<br><br>
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, saute 10 minutes or until golden. Place onion, beans, vinegar, cocoa, salt, and paprika in a food processor; process until smooth. Place bean mixture in a bowl. Sprinkle with parsley. Yields 3 cups.<br><br>
Serving suggestions: with pita wedges or tortilla chips. The recipe also suggest that it would make a great sandwich spread with grilled veggies and arugula, but I haven't tried that one yet.<br><br>
My mom sent me this recipe a few years ago, after she saw it in a cooking magazine. Unfortunately I don't know which magazine it was.

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Tasty basic dill dip from epicurious:<br><br>
3/4 C fat-free sour cream<br>
3/4 C low-fat mayonaise<br>
2 Tbl dry minced onion<br>
2 tsp "beau monde" seasoning<br>
2 tsp dried dill weed<br><br>
Mix. Let chill in fridge for a few hours to plump up the dry minced onion and meld the flavors. Serve with raw veggies.

· Registered
4,046 Posts
4 or 5 T minced garlic<br>
1 sweet white onion, diced<br>
1 can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained, chopped (reserve the liquid)<br>
8 oz parmesan cheese, shredded<br>
8 oz neufchatel cheese, room temp.<br>
1/2 c sour cream<br><br>
saute the onion and garlic in 1 T olive oil until brown. allow to cool, and then plop in a bowl. add the artichoke hearts, the parmesan, sour cream, and the neufchatel cheese. if the mix is not easy to spread, add bits of the artichoke juice until the dip reaches the desired consistency. season to taste with salt and pepper (it usually doesn't need salt - the artichoke hearts are plenty salty).<br><br>
i serve this with rich crackers, baguette, or bread sticks. it can be warmed in the oven in an oven proof dish (or individual ramekins) before serving to make the parm. melt.

· Registered
4,046 Posts
1 wheel brie cheese<br>
1 jar peach preserves<br>
1 pkg puff pastry<br><br>
remove 1 sheet pastry from the pkg. place the brie in the center. pour the preserves on top. wrap the edges of the pastry over the preserves (you may need a 2nd sheet). flip the brie over and place on a greased baking sheet.<br><br>
brush the puff pastry with a bit of milk.<br><br>
bake in a 425o oven for approx. 25 to 30 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.