Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't visit Cool Running anymore, but Michael has been in contact with me to get my perception on what went down in February. Then someone emailed me to tell me that Michael was claiming that Mags had been treated differently because of her race.<br><br>
Balderdash.<br><br>
I called him on it (apologizing if I got it wrong, since I don't read CH posts), and told him my take on the events.<br><br>
He wrote back and said that the responses to his accusation prove that there's something behind it.<br><br>
I would suggest that we ignore it all. It's so ludicrous as to be insane. We know what happened and I am not going to explain myself any more. It's like answering the question "When did you stop hating your mother?".<br><br>
I mean, try saying "I'm not a racist" without sounding like "Some of my best friends are..."<br><br>
Just let it drop... if you're over there.<br><br>
Michael is a good person, a bit twisted at times, but basically a good person.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Yes, that was my take too...it seemed is accusations came out of left field...totally unexpected from Mike.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Thank you Grizly. That's good advice. At first I had the same reaction -- that's crazy, and he strikes me as SUCH an intelligent guy. But when it kept going...best not to say anything at all ala "me thinks he doth protest too much".

·
Registered
214 Posts
Guys - it was a SETUP!<br><br>
Right after Dervin posted his first comment, I received and email from a member over there (someone who I won't mention - but USED to talk to alot and now I never hear from them)...<br><br>
Anyway, they told me about it in a manner that basically said, "Are you gonna stand for that?" - I responded that it didn't WARRANT any comment, for to 'defend' against that sort of accusation IMPLIES GUILT...<br><br>
I actually believe it's an attempt to drag us into a pissing contest with the CH.<br><br>
Carla has NOTHING to apologize for; and she did nothing wrong - So, first off - Carla <b>DO NOT THINK</b> any of this is your doing... It's the nature of the Internet and the mentality of environment that has been the hallmark of the clubhouse...<br><br>
Like I said before, we're not better or worse - just different and our goal has to <b>Differentiate ourselves</b> from the CH, RF and any other site.....<br><br><br>
SOOOO... let it go - but if you do post there, at LEAST put a link to <a href="http://www.kickrunners.com" target="_blank">www.kickrunners.com</a> - the hits will help me pay for the site!<br><br>
Thanks for all you guys do and keep doin' what you do!<br><br>
Best,<br><br><br>
Rich

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I pointed out that one of our most beloved stalwarts over here has the same ethnicity as Mags. I did not mention any names, as the friend we like so much doesn't like to talk about himself very much.<br><br>
My comment fell on completely deaf ears.

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
I read it. It was stupid, i think he did it on purpose to get everyone worked up. The whole "i'm from philly thing" was ridiculous too, as i am from Philly and found it to be one of the more racially diverse and harmonious places i have been too.<br><br>
Mags got treated differently because she is toxic, mean, and attacks people without provocation, not because of her race.<br><br>
She is the #1 reason i left the CH. The stuff with WW/Supermod is a close second, kinda the straw that broke the camel's back.<br><br>
I have not lurked at the CH in quite some time but was sent the link to those threads last week. I was so close to saying she was why i left, but i left, i have no need to reply to anything over there. It is very childish.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
I went and read the thread too, and I agree he's just trying to stir things up and bait people for his own amusement. Best to ignore it all rather than stoop to that level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts