Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo - Happy Birthday to you!

Sorry, guys...been off the board. Been setting up a virtual craft fair for church (starts today), so was preoccupied with that.

I did get strength workout and another stint on the trainer on Thursday, and then about 3 mile run yesterday.

yeah, we are supposed to get some snow - snowing now, but not sure how much we'll actually get. We are in the 6-12 belt, but who knows.

Today? nothing but doing stuff on the inside of the house...must start wrapping!

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Wrapping? ****. We have just about all shopping done, and most X-mas cards are out - so that's a win for us... Wrapping is going to wait though.

Took a day off yesterday - today got back on Zwift for 26 miles in Watopia ... tomorrow Nordic Track or maybe x-country if there's any decent snow overnight.

Also went out in the morning to do aforementioned shopping, gassed up just in case the snowblower is required tomorrow (probably - but honestly, hasn't done much so far up to 7 PM. Bit of wet heavy stuff - but not inches of accumulation).

Was meant to get the tree this AM, but it was pouring - so we'll try midweek (hope there's a few left!).

Yes - happy belated, Yo!

geo

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES! there better be trees left! Need to get ours in the next week or so!

We ended up with about 4 inches of actual snow and then who know what of rain and yuk. SUPER heavy. We went for a 2+ mile walk with the pup before dinner and then shoveled. DH got the snowblower running for me and I finished off our "driveway". Glad I did as was frozen solid this am. will melt now that the sun is out.

Today - more of the same from yesterday. Organizing, some shopping and decorating/wrapping (hopefully).

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Good for you guys to get things done for Christmas!! We haven’t done anything for Christmas.... not sure how much decoration we will do... I don’t think we will do our normal get-together at DH’s brother’s house in a suburb of Cleveland. We are thinking to travel south in a car. Will see.

Thank you for birthday wishes! I had a great birthday weekend, backpacking. See my FB pictures. Tired. Had a great sleep (prob the best while camping) on the first night but couldn’t sleep well on the second night. Very tired. Ready for a recovery day.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Looks like you had fun, Yo! Like the movie-watching set-up :)

Well - got barely any snow (maybe 1/2 at most). Guess we missed what everyone else got - because plenty of power outages up in Maine... At any rate - no snow meant getting a tree, so X-mas mission basically accomplished (apart from the wrapping).

Couple of other errands done - and also got in 40 minutes on the Nordic Track... pretty brisk, felt good.

geo

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Saturday put on a final push to get the EP working. Still a lot of replacement parts to be sent. Also had an all day conference.
Sunday finished more EP and a 6 mile snowshoe with J at the end we saw my ski buddy's car still at the trail head and it was late so headed out to look for them (could see his and his partner's tracks) found them working their way back with a busted binding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts