Kick Runners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only one more weekend left after this?!?!

SB - with all the stuff you do around the house, you must have a great planning and organization skill to go to a DIY store so far away! We have like 4 Home Depot’s and 2 Targets within 7 miles...

6.5miles with DH and Mark this morning. First time running with him in a LONG tIme. A few days ago I felt good enough to suggest Mark to run together, or so I thought. Man, I wanted to stop so bad half dozen times during this sub-10min pace. It was the longest nonstop run in a long time. I survived! Nice to be done with a run by 10am on weekend days, thanks to a running friend.
Trying to get holiday cards and shopping done now!

Enjoy your weekend! Send some snow to my way please!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Hi gang!
Got all my errands done and dropped a bunch of gifts at my sisters. Chatted for a bit and then headed home. Now, starting on the pre-trip to do list...which includes cleaning, wrapping, baking and packing!

SO...DOR today with the exception of a dog walk this am...

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Way to get it done, Yo!

Frustrating day on the trainer for me (was going to join a group ride - app froze; stared riding by myself - app froze; tried again - app froze. You get the picture.) About 27.5 miles between the four separate rides.

Also - boo - DS not heading home, thanks to potential COVID exposure (again). This time, probably has it - because GF's roommate has contracted it. So - not as merry an Xmas as hoped. What can you do?

Geo

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Ahh Geo sorry to hear that
Yo-here's some snow I will it to go your way! Good work on the run!
Its snowing all day today not hard but non-stop and I am lacking motivation to get out. Did a nice @ 4 mile snow shoe yesterday to fetch skis from one neighbor (2 miles away counts right) for another to try x-c skiing. The side roads had a lot of snow and after J's husband slid off their driveway (a mile long road is a driveway here) I decided rather than potentially wasting workout time getting cars stuck or walking snowy roads, we could both have a fun snowshoe. The snow is getting deep enough you need snow shoes and some places are starting to get too deep. We were checking out a spring in a glen and started to regret that as we broke trial in waist deep drifts.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geo - sorry to hear the news. Maybe there is another last-minute good news and he can come home....

SB - sounds like more than enough snow there! Waist-deep... must have been a serious workout.

Didn’t feel like doing anything in the morning. Finally got the Christmas tree decoration done. I needed to go to a post office to mail some cards to Japan... so pushed myself to use that as a reason to run. I had to walk a lot but survived 7 miles and mails are on their way to my fiends in Japan.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
You have a lot of faith in the US Postal service, Yo!

Man - that's a lot of snow SBEE. Some places in NH got 40" +, and we got maybe 10" ... Crazy how a few miles can make such a difference. Didn't try out the x-country skis yet, but looks like we had a couple of extra inches today, plus a storm due in later in the week. Should have a good base soon for sure! Will have to drag out my cheap snowshoes to go galumphing with the dog behind the house (for the moment, boots are just fine for trekking in the snow).

Another day on Zwift. Should have been Nordic Tracking probably - but wanted to get a virtual toy (Zwift frame) and level up, as well as get in a longer ride - so did 38 in virtual France. Actually - pretty good. Avgd 21 over the 38 (so definitely pushing), and it was solo all the way (France was not "open" to most riders, so there were only 70-80 riders in the whole virtual land - I think I passed two people the entire route, and wasn't passed at all ... nice empty roads, so no opportunity to virtually "draft" or ride in a group for extra speed).

geo

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well the average annual snow here is 10 ft and it usually cold enough that it doesn't melt. This year is odd though, we keep getting warm waves in front of the storms.

And yes Yo its kind of hard to get used to not have a home depot etc around but everyone around here has barns or large garages to keep their stuff in so many items can be borrowed or found however I like to see things to figure them out and i can't and if you order its a long wait. Other than that its nice, precovid I was travelling enough for work that i would be near "shopping" regularly but not any more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts