Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you New Englanders doing? Having power? Stay safe and hope all is going ok.

2200yd swim in the morning. FIB the special breakfast gathering for late Mark's wife and DD. Lots of club members showed up for Mark's loved ones he left behind :( Talked to both of them... they are putting a brave smile on their faces.
We had a plan going to ride a few trails with friends about an hour away, but canned it after finding that one of them was closed due to 'freeze and thaw' cycle (in spite of everything was frozen). Ended up running on a nearby trail, testing a new pair of yaktrax. 6 miles. Driveway and parking lot were super slippery.... My car slammed sideway to the curve in the parking lot when I couldn't make the turn. A bit of damage to a wheelcap. Hope nothing bad to the wheel alignment or anything like that.

· Registered
2,858 Posts
Yikes Yo - hope you and the car are ok! sorry (again) for your loss

Nothing much at my house...mostly rain, but we did get 20+ inches at Mt. Snow...went up Friday night and had some really good skiing Saturday - tried out the new boots - need a few tweaks, but otherwise, I like them.

Today? Nothing much except for a dog walk, finishing up wrapping, a few errands and cleaning up the house...

· Registered
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear you had a good ski on Sat! Is DH back to teaching?

Geo - are your kids coming back home for this holiday? Lovely pic of DD in Europe.

Our home trail got one inch of snow so we went, DH with 2.1” tires with studs, me on 3” tire. We took it really slowly.. my rear tire was fishtailing quite a bit and it took me down once, totally in slow-motion way. Didn’t hurt me :) a fun ride. Normally takes about 40min to ride the entire trail from parking lot but it took 65min. Then DH wanted to run so I walked, for about an hour. Mid-20’s with windchill mid teens. Not cold except the first 10min :).

· Registered
4,233 Posts
So nice of people to turn up and pay respects to your friend. Did you know the family well, Yo - or mostly Mark? I'm sure they appreciated the ceremony.

We only had 3-4 inches of wet heavy snow somewhat near the coast... Spent yesterday snowblowing and shoveling before it froze into a big lumpy mess, so bagged exercise (it's wrasslin' with the snowblower and snow when it's that heavy!). We did have a small tree resting on lines across our road, but neighbor came out with the chainsaw and took care of it. Dog is loving the snow though! Had fun chasing a few deer through the snow last night on a close to dusk walk (he's 7-ish by the way, so getting the middle age pains we are!).

DS is coming up from Philly by himself, but DD is too broke to fly home... She and BF went on a 4-5 day Xmas market trip to Luxembourg, Heidelberg, and Salzburg - with a few lodging hiccups (last minute AB&B cancellation by the host), but fun for them nonetheless as an Xmas present to each other.

Today was going to be an easy group ride event for a couple of hours (as described). Turns out some masochist put it up the Ventoux route. So - even though I missed about 400 feet of the climb because I hopped on a few miles late, there was still 4400+ feet to go! Ouch ... about an 1:45 minute uphill slog, followed by a quick 4-5 miles down before hopping off just before the two hour mark.
geo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts