Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish you a merry and peaceful Christmas weekend to you all!

6.5miles in the west side of Cleveland. The metro park was pretty wet and the trails were unrunnable but we still made a best of it. Very warm 50F.

COVID/COVID-scare is going through our extended family. DH’ sister’s family chose not to come to the gathering due to their youngest one is sick. DH’s niece (college kid) is sick, positive with COVID The host (her dad, DH’s bro) was coughing and not feeling well, so we thought we would leave the gathering. But turned out he was negative. So here we are still at his house. :(. Hope all turn out to be good and well.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I hope you all had a great weekend. I continue to gain strength and then push too far and get tired. X-C Skied 6 miles on Friday then Saturday was tired but made supper and cookies and had a short snowshoe. Today was a drive in very snowy conditions (2 snow squalls included) to bring my friend back to the airport..

My Friday ski had an incoming storm with huge gusts that froze my butt even with wind resistant tights. I dont' like long parks because they restrict motion but started wondering about down skirts. I tried 2 on while in Jackson today but they seemed to restrict motion as well. Anyone use an insulated skirt that's good for back country skiing and scrambling?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SB - insulated skirts?? I have seen them, but never tried nor thought about wearing one. Happy to hear you continue to gain strength! Just don't do too much.

1.5hrs on a trainer (first trainer ride I think, this winter) and 15min of strength/stretching, while watching "Beautiful Boy" - in which Steve Carell plays a father of a drug addict son. Based on the memoir written by the father, pretty close to the real story based on what I read the reviews. Not really a Holiday season material, but it was there on my kindle....

Hope all are having a nice relaxing - woops, this is no longer weekend, it's Monday. Oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.