Kick Runners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one hurtin' pup! During my swim I chafed but good. The back of my neck and my arms (short sleeve tri suit) are raw! I felt my neck towards the end of my swim, but just finished out the swim anyway.<br><br>
My hair brushing against my neck HURTS! My sleeves touching my arms HURTS!<br><br>
What's the best way to treat this? I have to work tomorrow and I know my uniform shirt is going to rub.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Bodyglide.......bodyglide..........today I ran and didn't put body glide under where my running bra hits (below)......at mile 4 of my 7 miler it was SO sore.....now I have a huge chafing scab mark.....I know better!!<br><br>
Bodyglide is the answer if your skin is sensitive........put it anywhere you MAY possibly have an issue.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
On the raw spots, though, I find better luck with hydrocortisone ointment.....<br>
or, bacitracin (sp?). Something like that.<br><br>
If need be, cover them with something till they aren't quite so ouchie.<br>
Ultimately, time will be the thing that will take care of them.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
aquaphore is the best for chafed areas unlike hysrocotisone and bacitracin you aren't giving yourslef a dose of meidicne with it. It (and the bacitracin) will be a bit greasy. If its very raw you can cover it with tape but it wont' heal faster.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Generic Neosporin. Before swimming Body Glide or high necked swim skin. If chaffed, the triple antibiotic ointment from Wal Mart.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Bodyglide for prevention...Aquaphor after the fact. The Aquaphor healed my "hangman's noose" marks after Alcatraz because I was a n00b and forgot to BG my neck.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Aquaphor

·
Registered
25,018 Posts
If Bodyglide doesn't work well enough (it hasn't been for me lately with everything fitting weird cuz body size changing -- still lots of chafing/bleeding)<br><br>
In the first aid aisle next to the bandaids, there's this clear skin cover. It sticks on like a bandaid, is clear and waterproof... can last 7 days. It's been working for me when nothing else has.<br>
Plus, you can keep it on under your regular clothes too and don't have to keep reapplying. It will just stay there.<br><br><br>
In the meantime, to stop the pain from the chafing-- talcum powder has always worked best for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts