Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, is anybody out there?<br><br>
I know there are a few upstaters around.<br><br>
Anyone doing the Chilly Chili 5K in Caz in Feb?<br><br>
What about the Tipp Hill run in March?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I've been looking for a 5k race for Februaryish, it's a little far of a drive, but it sounds like fun. Decisions, decisions...<br><br>
I'm in the Ithaca area, though I keep moving myself further out of town.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Chilly Chili 5K in Caz is a lot of fun and they have a great party after the race. <a href="http://www.chillychili.com/" target="_blank">http://www.chillychili.com/</a><br><br>
I'm training to run in the Skunk Cabbage on April 6th. Have not committed to the 1/2 or 10K yet but I'm training for the 1/2 (it will be my first 1/2). Are you running it?

·
Registered
11,468 Posts
DUDE!<br><br>
I'll be there.<br><br>
That ones in my backyard. Gets bigger every year. I have never left feeling hungry. And Cooperstown Brewery suppling the beer.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I have not run it before and I've only run one 10K race. If I'm feeling less than confident about the 1/2 then I may switch to the 10K. The hills make me a bit nervous but I have some here where I live to practice on.<br><br>
What pace do you run? I'm more the tourtoise than the hare but that's ok - I still get the job done!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is my 2nd year running it - didn't run last year. Going to a chilly party after the after the race party!!!<br><br>
You'll be cozying up to your 2nd beer before I'm done....see you there!<br><br>
I'm still toying with the idea of training for the Green Lake Endurance Run (see how many laps I can do).

·
Registered
11,468 Posts
I don't think I'll be that fast. My lack of running the last few weeks will ensure that this is a fun run only. I'm contemplating running to the race (8 miles) then doing the race for my mid-length run. Depends on the weather.<br><br>
The new GLER course is much tougher with the addition of the Serengetti. Make sure you're working the hills.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
My pace is slow. I just started running this past spring and did a few 5ks in the fall. The hills make me nervous too but the course is close to where I live so I'm planning on doing some training runs there to get a feel for it ahead of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts