Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the Camelbaks have a bladder that hangs by a hook on a loop inside the bag. The hook is plastic and is right near where the cap is to fill the bladder. It hangs so that the point where the fluid leaves the bladder is at the bottom of the bag and then it travels by hose up and out the top so you can drink. What happens when the hook breaks?<br><br>
The hook snapped off mine. If the hook is gone, the bladder will be loose inside the bag. Has anyone else confronted this? The replacement bladders are $30 or so. It seems to me a lot of these rather flimsy little hooks have broken off for other people too.<br><br>
I'll probably try and run with bladder loose in the bag but, I can just seem myself getting really annoyed a mile or so into the run only to have to turn back, etc.<br><br>
Any thoughts?<br><br>
TIA<br><br>
HJ

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
i bet REI or camelbak would replace it, i would contact who you bought it thru or Camelbak directly. I know Ultimate Directions has replaced people's water bottles that became defective.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Can't you just put a safety pin through the bag and then through the hole in the bladder?<br><br>
May be easier to understand with a photo.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meri:<br><br>
I don't have any decent retail outlets near me. I bought it over the internet. There is a local retailer that sells Camelbaks. I didn't buy this there, and I'm doubtful they'd want to help much. I could call Camelbak directly. I'll ponder that...<br><br>
Liath:<br><br>
I'm a little concerned the safety pin wouldn't cut it. The bladder is 70 ounces of jostling fluid. The bag is fine, it has a thread/rope loop to hook onto. Maybe a carabiner shoved through the hook in the bag and then somehow attached to the bladder (I'd need to cut a hole, I assume). I think whatever hole I cut in the edge of the bladder will likely tear. This is worth looking into a little further.<br><br>
ETA: big clarification.

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
I would contact camelbak. I bet you could get a replacement!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<span style="font-family:Arial;">CamelBak's response:<br></span><br><span style="font-family:Arial;"><br></span><br><span style="font-family:Arial;">"Thank you for contacting CamelBak. Sorry to hear about your broken reservoir hook. The problem you have encountered is not normal, nor should it be expected from any of our products. We stand firmly behind the quality of all the products we make, and I apologize for this inconvenience.</span><br><span style="font-family:Arial;">I will send out a new reservoir hook/handle assembly with instructions for installation on Thursday morning. Please let me know if you need further assistance.</span><br><span style="font-family:Arial;">Sincerely,</span> ..."<br><br><br>
Woot!

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
I told you!!!!! Awesome.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Cool, although I agree the a mini carabina would be a better idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts