Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>so today it's pretty windy...26-42 mph winds.   A facebook friend suggests to me that it's a perfect day to get ready for Kona.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>??? so would you take this as  (1)sound advice...or someone trying to   (2)scare me.  ???</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>this same person advised me to stare at the ocean floor when i swim</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
<p>its always good to get out in the worst you can find as prep.  I think you should be ready for winds, not sure about this ocean floor notion though! I'd get distracted "sight seeing"</p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
<p>Hope you got out there, good practice, even if way too cool for kona. Maybe put an EZ Bake oven on your back and open the door toward your head. THAT would be more like it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Watching the ocean floor? Hmmm yeah not sure on that one.</p>

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>shouldn't people with motion sickness, "not" look at the floor of the ocean, much like I know some biker's can not look down to the pavement?   My dh thinks this person is trying to mess with my mind.  ??</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I got home from swim lessons last night and my dh's friend was here going over last minute IMoo preparations and they said "we have a surprise for you"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll have to post pictures but........they took a cubby hole in my basement and put plastic up, a space heater and fan, a temperature gauge, etc..........it was kind of funny!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.