Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,<br><br>
This is my first post on kick....I just can't figure out CR anymore and I'm tired of training so I looked here, and here you all are. Cool.<br><br>
Just wanted to say I'm running the Buckeye 50K in Ohio next weekend and wondered if anyone else was planning to be there. I'll check back in a few days but I'd love to know about those planning to be there so I can meet a few new friends. alison

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Hi there, LittleA.<br><br>
I am running the Winter Buckeye this weekend. I've volunteered each of the past few years - if you have questions, just ask.<br><br>
The Winter 50k (loop course) is different that the Summer BT50k (out-and-back course.) You will run two loops (5 mi and 8 mi) and return to the start/finish area after each loop. With the number runners and the amount of traffic, you can expect the trail to be either slippery or sloppy after the first loop. If the temps stay low this week, they will be icy too.<br><br>
Tanya (the RD) does a fabulous job organizing and race HQ is in a warm building at the Boston Store. There is also heated restroom at the start/finish.<br><br>
The last two years have been mild temps in the 40s - an anomaly for this time of year. It is not uncommon for this event to have temps in the teens with two feet of snow. Bring your lunch, cause its normally a long day in the cold and snow.<br><br>
See you there.

·
Premium Member
6,896 Posts
Good luck LittleA and roots. I'll be out at Paint Creek but I'll probably end up running the 25k version.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll be helping getting you parked and then I'm spending the day at the Brandywine Aid Station. You had better be coming up to see me at least 3 times! I am taking special requests if you need anything.<br><br>
I have been on all the trails the last few weeks (Saturday most recently). It's very runnable at the moment, even the rock crossing below the falls has very little ice. There is big tree down on top of the first hill going towards Pine Lane (B loop). It's about 4 ft in diameter and you have to climb over. ( or leap over if you're Roots )<br><br>
If the forecast holds, it will be in the 20's with some new snow. Perfect for a winter trail run.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great...I'll keep an eye out for all of you. Would love to meet some new runners. Last night we got a good foot of snow (mid-Michigan) making running (on the trail) impossible as we already had 6 or so inches. Took the snow shoes out for a 3 mile hike and it took an hour...geez. I hope Ohio doesn't get quite that much. See you all this weekend. alison

1 - 6 of 6 Posts