Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi All....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also posted this in the daily thread, but didn't know if some might not see it there or not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>yesterday, I got new bike shoes!  Yay.</p>
<p>They're Bontrager.  They've got a design that makes them super comfortable.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But, here's my question....maybe I'll also put it in a separate thread.....</p>
<p>How much room is there supposed to be in the bike shoe for your foot?  Should there be lots/tiny bit/medium bit of extra space beyond your toes?  I've got 42s right now, and they've got a 30 day, no questions asked return policy, so I can ride them for a month and return them until I find a pair that works.  My old shoes had lots of room (also 42s), and my foot moved front to back a lot when I'd ride.  But, in the Shimano that I had, I needed the 42 in order to get room in the width of the toe box.  So, we tried the size down from 42 (41.5?), and my toes were really close to the end of the shoe in front, but it was more snug....not tight, just snug.  They feel like sneakers on top, stiff soles on the bottom.</p>

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
<p>I ride outside all year round.  In the winter, I need to be able to wear thicker socks without circulation being cut off.  That means that in the summer when I ride sockless, my shoes are a bit loose.  My feet don't slosh in the shoes--ie not smashed into the front of the shoe, not pulling out the back.  But, if I need, I can wiggle my feet around.  Clear as mud, right?</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Yeah....</p>
<p>I rode the new shoes today.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My foot could move up and down in the heel, and there was lots of room in the toe.  Plus, the velcro straps were rubbing on the crank arms.  I can fix the straps so they won't rub, had to cut the others shorter too, but..... i'm going to see if I can get the other pair and see if they will fit better.  Hmm....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Other than the movement, though, I liked them.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.