Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>anyone have it? know of it? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm thinking my new ride is going to have ~$5000 worth of parts ($2500 new, $1000 in components, $1250 in wheels, etc) i was wondering if there was someone insuring such things. If it gets crashed and explodes into a million carbon fiber shreds... I'd be sad.</p>

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
<p>maybe your homeowners policy can add a rider, at least for theft or if it blows off the rood rack.  It's rare a bike wreck causes a total loss, most frames have some sort of crash replacement policy.  I've broken a few bikes from racing but it's not all that common, I wouldn't fret over it, just ride the thing and enjoy it.</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
<p>Mine would treat it similarly to a computer, or jewelry....</p>
<p>as a rider.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Call them, it doesn't hurt to ask.</p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Meh, not gonna claim on homeowners - it'll jack the annual price bigtime if you claim once.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Over the years I've had special computer insurance to cover computer losses, which I incur every few years, and it's worked out. I claim on that policy and the bigger stuff remains cheap.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just curious, seems like a market opp - just maybe not big enough</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I bet the crash replacement policy would be the way to go though.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>cool</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
<p>Ron, at the very least, it's worth a phone call to the ins. company to see what they say.</p>

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
<p>Here's a thread on <em>that other board</em> I started back in November after I got my guru:  <a href="http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=2590913;search_string=bike%20insurance;#2590913" target="_blank">http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=2590913;search_string=bike%20insurance;#2590913</a>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I recently just upped my renters policy to $50k contents.  From my understanding, the bike is covered entirely in my apartment.  If it gets stolen away from my apartment, it is covered up to 10% of my total policy after a $1000 deductible.  I used to only have $21k coverage, so that didn't make me feel too good.  Now that it is up to $50k, I <em>should</em> be good for $4000 from insurance were it to get stolen away from my apartment.  As for crashing, I'm out of luck.  Knock on wood that I just won't have to worry about that.  I know guru has a crash replacement plan, but I'm not sure how much of a "deal" it is.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.