Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I am on a relay team for a race on Nov 6.  I'll have 3 legs, about 6 something miles each, totalling 19 miles over 24-32 hours.  the legs are designated as "hard" runs, because of elevation changes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What should I be focussing on in the weeks before the race to be prepared?  Am I okay with a 15 mile long run, or do I need a 19 mile one? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
585 Posts
<p>Are you doing the Ragnar in Tennessee?  I did Las Vegas this past weekend.  So much fun!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have found that it's more important for me to practice running two-a-days a couple of times than it is for me to be able to cover the total mileage.  I think you'd be fine to do a 12-13 mile long run one morning, and then do 3-4 more miles later in the day.  My problem in the last 2 relays I've done has been getting enough food during the race.  I take food with me, but don't really eat it because I feel more tired than hungry and I just want to sleep.  By the time I get to my last leg, I'm totally drained.  It was better this time, but I still haven't perfected my system yet.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck, and have a blast!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.