Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a HM on June 24th, I ended up with a sore back. Has been sore intermittantly for a while, some days OK, sometimes not so OK. Ended up going to a chiropractor, and I am off running now for at least a week. My spine\hips are way outta wack. Pelvis is 1.5" higher on one side than the other, and because of the pelvis rotation, my spine is bent off center.<br><br>
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues, trying to find out what your experience(s) were like.<br><br>
Thx

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
you need a good massage therapist to work those muscles to regain the balance in your pelvis and legs. My myofascial massage therapist gave me pelvis balancing exercises to do twice a day that have really helped.<br><br><a href="http://www.myofascialrelease.com" target="_blank">www.myofascialrelease.com</a> you can contact the paoli, pa clinic and ask for a referral to someone in your area.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right in the middle - not lower, not upper. Sneezing and getting up from lying down are the most painful things. Sitting is OK. What prompted me to go to the chiro was my first post HM run last Tuesday - every step hurt my back. So far the chiro has performed traditional chiro adjustments, and electro-stim.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
I dont know if it would help you, but I have become a huge believer in ART. My provider works on backs as well as many other areas.<br><br>
He has cured things in me that no one else could come close to addressing with any positive results!<br><br>
Its just another option to consider!

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ART is a form of deep tissue massage, if I remember correctly. At yesterday's chiro visit, one of the treatments I was given was something called Graston massage. Basically, steel blades (not like razor blades, they were probably 1/4 thick, and rounded edges) are run over the distressed areas. The theory is that the hard metal edge will be better at detecting adhesions and scar tissue. Once detected, the blade can then be used to work the adhesions and scar tissue to break them down. It is not a fun massage. Because it is breaking down tissue, I was warned that bruising and black and blues are possible. Sure enough, my back looks a little battered. Today, I am sore, but again, that is to be expected. We will see how it progresses.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Yup, thats what I am talking about. My chiro tried the graston technique on me and it didnt seem to work as well as ART did. But I hope it helps your situation.<br><br>
Best of luck!<br><br>
Carla

1 - 7 of 7 Posts