Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Mine started with a nice 32 miles yesterday with a 5 mile running race in the middle.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today the start reality of riding in the UK was brought home again when a bus pulled out of a side road when I was doing 30+ mph. I did a lot of breaking and then some sign language.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A few hours left to decide if I should do VRAA this month.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a lovely day.</p>

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
<p>They are PM'ing you Gobi., BG would like to do it next month but wants to know if you are in.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I rode 15 miles this morning at Mom's before I left.</p>
<p>I like the route, nice wide bike lanes with signs all over to share the road. Still of course have to watch for drivers not paying attention, never ever think because you have your own lane that you are safe!/</p>

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Hally, went in and registered early this morning UK time</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards cycle lanes, I often think here in the UK they just make you more of a target:¬)</p>

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
<p>52 miles yesterday.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Stay safe out there, everyone.  I ride an extra 3-4 miles each way when I commute just to stay away from the traffic.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gin, are you still riding?</p>

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
<p>Hi Mill!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Well.........not too much these days. But not because I don't like it. I love it. Time has been an issue. We were away, and also, my first Tri is coming up on Tuesday night. I've been swimming 3X week  and running 4. I manage to get on the bike usually only once and am only logging about 10 miles each session.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Swimming is not my favorite, so after the event, I'm hoping to get on the bike more often. My fund is growing and I'm hoping to have a road bike before too long!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
<p>Say which one you want deleted Gin and I'll get rid of it and that last post too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And good luck on your tri!!</p>

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
<p>Mill - I wouldn't stress over the group passing you.  It is easy to ride at those speed in a group when you are drafting.  The group I started riding with easyily rides 25+ when we are organized.  We will hold that speed for 7 or 8 miles and then slow down and wait for everyone to regroup.  I would imagine there are 5 or 6 of us that could ride at the speed for quite a long time.  Now I can understand how the TDF could ride so fast for so long.</p>

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
<p>70 miles for me yesterday at an avg speed of 19.6.  total miles so far this month, 140.  I am hoping to get 450 miles this month.  If I can keep these numbers up it shouldn't be a problem.</p>

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<p>Bloody hell Dave that is a good speed for a 70 mile training run. Your Race is getting closer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>41 miles here today takes me to nearly 200 miles this week. Big month for training as I will spend next month either recovering or taking it easy before my races.</p>

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
<p>40 miles today, no speed will be posted as I am slower then molasses in January on hills and it brings my average waaaaayy down. A gorgeous day though cooler and drier then it has been.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gobi and Dave, I am very glad you are on my VRAA team :)</p>
<p>Glad to see botboy enjoying his road bike so much!</p>

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
<p>I'm so glad to be a part of this thread!  I have an old department store bike that I loaned to my FIL years ago and he's been enjoying it but can't right now so we drove down to their house in Norman for his 77th birthday party and I rode it home, 9.51 mi.  The breeze, flying down the hills (22 mph at one point-I don't know if that's flying but it seemed like it), and just the experience as a whole was a blast!</p>
<p>eta-most of it was in zone 2, 10-15 mph</p>

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
<p>Me again.  16.59 mi. @11.7 mph.  Once again, enjoyed the breeze that seems so much stronger than when running.  Competitive cyclists probably get tired of fighting it.  I was like a kid again, stopping at 7-11 for an icy.  Turned around, came home, popped some ice cubes into my water bottle and went out for some more miles!  My heel feels much better.</p>

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<p>Nice one Opie sounds like you are having a blast.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We did 63plus miles on the bike today and had a great time, the last 15 or so miles were like a 2 up TT as we kicked for home. Average pace was 19.1 :¬)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Really just happy that MrsG is getting some health back</p>

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
<p>Next thing you know Opie will get a real bike and be kicking some asphalt!</p>
<p>Bad day, actually bad few weeks for my riding buddies but yesterday was the worst.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We were cruising along in a paceline when as best as we can recreate, Will hit a small dent in the road at just the wrong angle and went down hard taking 3 others with him. Will has a broken jaw, Steve a broken clavicle and Susan a broken elbow. The 4th guy rode home. The rest of us headed home instead of continuing to the original destination, 34 miles total then 4 of us went over to the hospital to check up on the wounded.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Besides this, Charlie was hit by a car that made a right in front of him, nothing broken but he's been out for two weeks already, Paul went down last week on a solo ride and broke his clavicle, Dan broke a bone in his hand Saturday and Jeff went down Saturday but only got some road rash.</p>

·
Registered
32 Posts
<p>Hally - ((((hugs to your friends))))</p>
<p>we were biking around Roosevelt Island yesterday with henrun's DS and new GF and my brother and SIL - enjoyed the many bike paths in Brooklyn.  my brother got hit by another biker but no damage. around 20+ miles (socialbility not speed was our aim!) marj</p>

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.